Strangers in Strange Lands (the Kier and Creampuff)

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Strangers in Strange Lands (the Kier and Creampuff)

Post  David on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:32 pm

The problem with knocking Creampuff in the direction of Kierrenne is that the little thing doesn't understand and reacts pretty much like a feral cat getting thrown into some stranger's arms.
David
Admin

View user profile http://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:35 pm

[She has finger of pain, I have flinger of cat].
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:39 pm

"No! Don't hurt her! I'm sorry..." begins Kierenne, until she realizes that her brother is only pushing Creampuff her way. She sheaths (or drops) her sword and tries to catch Creampuff and subdue her without hurting her too much.

[Switch to Strength: Amber for hand-to-hand combat. Focus on pinning her, or a knock-out choke hold, etc. There's always danger that different anatomies will react poorly to that kind of thing, but you can't make an omlette without breaking some fluffies.]
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Creampuff tries her best to bite Kierrenne.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:55 pm

"Awww. That's so cute. She's trying to bite me." calls Kierenne to her brother. She allows Creampuff to sink her teeth into the rubber of the suit on her off forearm, then uses that as a means to get easier control of her cute little white fluffy head. She spins her new pet around, to be able to get her arms into a strangle hold, and starts to choke her to sleep. "Go ahead and cut me with your claws, precious. It's okay. Mommy doesn't mind. Mommy forgives you."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Kierenne wrote:"Awww. That's so cute. She's trying to bite me." (stuff happens) "Go ahead and cut me with your claws, precious. It's okay. Mommy doesn't mind. Mommy forgives you."

I hope it's not poisonous. it won't last, but it might be inconvenient here...
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:02 pm

All the other Morlocks run away into the darkness, while Creampuff eventually loses consiousness.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Kieran starts to give chase, but stops, not wanting to be separated from Kierenne. His eyes are wide and wild with the adrenaline rush. He adjusts the wetsuit in an area that has become a bit too tight in all the excitement.

Turning to Kierenne, he sees her gushing and loving all over the unconscious Creampuff. He smiles behind the mask, his trump voice warm See love, she's not hurt, she didn't get killed, and she's all yours.

Moving to her side, Just keep an eye on her, Grandfather gave us that puppy once remember, and the lil flonqer bit my nose off while I was sleeping.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Once Creampuff is out, Kierenne strokes her soft white hair. "See? They left. That means they give you to me, Creampuff. So no more resisting, okay?"

"Okay, let's move this stairway behind the waterfall. I can't wait to get her back home." She picks up her new precious, and then bringing Kieran with her enters the cave where the other preciouses ran. Once in a bit, she turns around, and alters shadow on the way back so that the room outside the tunnel has the same waterfall, but the stairway moved behind the water. "I think I want to come back here, Kieran. These things are subterranean like us. And they're so cute. Once we fix the distortion, this place could be relaxing." she says, as she leaves the tunnel and inspects the results of her shadow shifting. Hope makes her expect it to work, but the word "relaxing" came out a bit strained as she suspected the worst would be waiting for her inspection.
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:15 pm

"That bastard Prospero's magicks are still here, if the shadow is still wonky after this, let's just make for where there is less distortion, then try again. "

This is another things he must pay for.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:02 pm

There is of course no cave behind the now-meager waterfall. Kierrenne has just entered a different opening all together. She can shift the Shadows but it still doesn't quite go the way she wants it. A sharp turn becomes a gradual one. It will turn right instead of left. Now, if she's paying attention, she'll find the distortion effects are decreasing -- so they are going in the correct "direction" as it were.

Eventually the cave opens up into a series of large caverns, ones that include bridges and lamps and balconies. Flicker along the cave walls indicate they are near or in the midst of diamonds or some other shiny objects/substance.

Across the nearest bridge both twins see a troupe of short, squat individuals with beards. They look and walk as if they're all muscle. These individuals wear well-made clothing that includes broad belts and some chain mail. One of them is saying something about the "fairy mines" and a cousin of his seemed to like it well enough, but he himself wasn't tempted. The others nod and agree.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:17 pm

"Kieraaaaaaaaaan. I'm stiiiiiiill hungryyyyyyy. Have the midgets find us some food, would you? If we have to walk all the way back to Amber..."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm

"Yes love." he replies absentmindedly, and the weapon melts/reforms a bracer again on his right wrist.

Remember your etiquette lessons Kieran, Grandfather drilled this into you more then enough times.

Moving towards the pack of little people, showing no visible weapons, he confidently calls out "Greetings travelers. What Shadow is this?"

He starts to looking each member up and down without trying to be subtle about it. Looking for which is the leader and which is packing the largest bundle that may or may not include food.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:51 pm

"And see if they have any kinds of rope. I don't want to have to carry Creampuff all the way back. She can start to learn her place while we walk."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:57 pm

The short, bearded men (well, the beards--its a good guess) stop and turn to these two rather extraordinary individuals before them. Then they look at each other. And back at the twins.

"Espacees, am I right?" says the one who was speaking before. Without waiting for an answer, he makes a welcoming gesture as if to say 'follow us' (there's a perfectly sturdy bridge nearby, only about forty feet long). "Heard it all before," he continues. "Magistrates from Onyx, blah blah blah, the Prince Regent's agents making themselves obnoxious--as usual." The rest of the party sigh and nod at this last. "You look tired -- come on and have a nice meal. We've got plenty. Oh! You're not vegetarians are you?"
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 pm

"Kieran, ask them if they have any chains. Creampuff might be able to chew through ropes. Or claw. Whatever."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:05 pm

"Vegetarians? We are not animals."

They have nobility, are the real ones or just poor mockeries in Shadow.

"You speak poorly of the nobles, what is the cause of this?"

Be wary love, the commoners who speak poorly of their royalty, are no better then the animals in the field.

Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 pm

"Nobles? Well, by all accounts the Prince Regent is a bit of work, but lots of the actual nobility are nice enough. Most of the time. Some of the royal officials -- they get a bit zealous, if you know what I mean." He pauses. "Don't you want to come where its warm? Get some hot food? Some milk or something for your..." He gives Creampuff a good stare. "I don't know what that is, but...well, we're friendly! If you want to join us for supper, you've very welcome." He proceeds to join his fellows.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:07 am

"Do they have any cha... oh bother." shouts the girl. She approaches her brother, "Do they have any chains? Creampuff might wake, and I don't want to keep knocking her out. It can't be good for the poor dear."

"Have them take us to this food, Kieran. I'm hungry. And find out what all this nonsense about a Prince is. I'm sure we don't want to be taken for political prisoners in some provincial shadow. They might take it in their heads to try to return us to some local goaler for a reward or something. And I do not want to get mixed up in local politics. Not after what happened last time."

"And don't forget the chains!"
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:58 pm

With a note of command he demands "The lady needs chains. Now. My sister and I require food. Now."

Grandfather's lessons on etiquette. When dealing with the peons, command don't ask. Slay them if they balk. They breed like rabbits anyway.

"You will tell us about the puppet nobles of this Shadow. No more stalling, no quibbling, and the answers had best be quick."

Violence is always so much easier and so much more fulfilling though, right love?
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:07 pm

The natives stare at the Kier, then at each other, then walk away.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:03 pm

"Kieraaaaan. They're walking away. Are they getting me my food? I'm still huuuuuungry. And make sure they get the chain."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:05 pm

"They seem to not care one bit about Creampuff. Nor do they seem to care about us being hungry."

Eyeing Creampuff for signs of waking up, "Do you think Creampuff likes the taste of midget?"
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 pm

The girl looks at her pet. "Probably" she says, dismissively. "She was eating her friend back there. She'd probably eat anything."

"Are they ignoring us? Kieran, I think they're ignoring us. That isn't acceptable."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 pm

"No, no my dear. It is not."

Holding his arms out to take Creampuff if she wishes to handle this one herself, "Do you want to correct them about their rudeness? They have food, that bearded one claimed they did at least. And I'm sure we can find chain or something for dear Creampuff's collar and leash."
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum