Strangers in Strange Lands (the Kier and Creampuff)

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Strangers in Strange Lands (the Kier and Creampuff)

Post  Kierenne on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Ewwww. There's vermin down here. They're talking to me, Kieran. They're WORSHIPPING us? After taking a step back in revulsion, Kierenne steadies herself. They're not attacking, but... they're mice. Mice in the Shadow Kier would infest, eat, defecate on, and ruin anything they came across. The idea of treating with them as anything other than filthy spreaders of disease just didn't sit right with her.

"Um... shush? Please stop chanting. Please?" Her protests aren't really heard over the chants. But she is nearly 20 times larger than they are.

"SILENCE!" she shouts, adding a colorful burst at the same time. [Power Word: Missile Deflect, just for the visual sparkle.]

Once their attention is clearly on her and not on their zealot's ritual, she points her sword at the mice with the amber teardrop. "You. What is your name?"
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:03 pm

They are, what, wor, how in, gah, huh?

Upon hearing her shout, Kieran finds the quickest way down to his twin, dragging Creampuff if needed.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:52 pm

The mouse bows. "Phineas Phong, my lady."
David
Admin

View user profile http://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:03 pm

"Phinneas Phong, then. Please tell me of these prophecies and of these demons."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:54 pm

"In the most ancient times," reverberates Phineas Phong, "The Lawbringer dwelt here in the Fangs of Phong beside the Sea of Phong and in those days a king known as Francis Phong the Fifth did reign. And he sought out wisdom, begging for the Lawgiver to write all he had known down upon tablets that they might be preserved for all time.

"So the Lawgiver, who by that time had lived many years, took upon himself a pilgramage, discovering this very Keep which rises before us now. He returned to speak words of prophecy, thus:

"The world itself has reared a mighty Keep in anticipation of mighty beings to whom this is meant as a gift. And the world whispered into the Lawgiver's ear that the People of Phong shall know the Time of Destiny is upon them, when the world shall be remade, when the great beings come to whom the Keep might be a home as befits giants! Until that time, the gargoyles--winged demons that devour all flesh that they may capture--shall befoul the Keep, for their destruction shall be the sure sign that the Time of Destiny is at hand!

"Thus a new city was founded but a quick march from the Keep, and within that city grew a mighty garrison of many thousands to defend against the gargoyles, which honed the warrior skills of the People of Phong. So the city of Phongopolis became the place of greatest military might and experience until the Kings made it their capital.

But closer still to the sacred Keep was reared the Twin Towers of Phong, a fortress to watch over this place and wait for the coming of those who shall be Caretakers of the sacred Keep--for when they arrive then shall the crusade against the demons begin!"
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:50 pm

"And by 'demons' you mean those cute little flying things we saw inside? I guess not little to you all, but gosh. We stomped all through the castle and walked right up to the egg clutch down in the cellars... they never even woke up. Is there some secret danger to them that we missed?"

"Anyway, once the Caretakers arrive, you'll all rise up and cleanse the castle of the gargoyles, and then the Caretakers will move into the castle. The end? De-lousing a building doesn't sound very epic."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:54 pm

"Then we stand ready to defeat all your enemies!" says one of the more-ornately armored mice, presumably an officer. "Your Keep shall be your own, and woe betide all those who defy your divinity!"
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Brother, come through. She holds out her hand to Kieran through the trump. With a psychadelic rainbow shimmer, Kieran and Creampuff appear somewhere nearby, thanks to the continued effects of the distortion.

"Phinneas Phong, may I introduce you to my brother Kieran Ericspawn. I am Kierenne Ericspawn. And that... that is Creampuff. She might be hungry, so... perhaps you should all stand back a bit?"

"Sweetling, this is Phinneas Phong. Of the Twin Towers of Phong, the City of Phongopolis, near the Sea of Phong, in the Fangs of Phong, etcetera etcetera. It would seem that they will follow unto death and beyond the prophecied giant Caretakers who will some day arrive and help them kill all the gargoyles in the keep. That will then herald the Phong of ... er, sorry... the Time of Destiny, wherein the world shall be remade."
She turns to the head vermin, "Tell me, do the gargoyles need to be eradicated entirely to herald the Time of Destiny? Or can we keep a couple of their eggs for breeding stock? Because quite frankly, any force that could keep all of your might at bay for many generations may come in handy, later." Kierenne tries very hard to keep the amusement out of her voice as she heaps praise on the supposed might of the tiny mice-men. "If properly controlled, of course. And they really were quite adorable. Not as much as Creampuff, but she's just the cutest thing ever."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Creampuff still has a distended belly, and waddles over to Kierrenne.

The several hundred well-armed mice look a bit askance, but not too upset.

Phineas Phong exchanges a look with the officer, before turning back to the Kier. "If you wish to domesticate the creatures and use them for your purposes, Great One, I don't see we have much cause to complain."

David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Stepping through the shimmer, ready, releasing Creampuffs hand.

Phinneas Phong, towers, cities, seas, what the phong, er, flonq?

"What is this Time of Destiny that you Phonglings want to usher in? What's in it for your people?"

There is much here we can use darling. Do we ascend to godhood now, or set them about cleaning up this place while we continue on to Random? We can always come back here, and check on the little vermin.

I wonder how far our divinity goes with them...

On one hand, we have a plague of rats. On the other hand, the gargoyles are an unknown that maybe more useful. But on the gripping hand, can we enforce play nice rules amongst them? Force cooperation?

He smiles at the idea of varmints riding gargoyles into battle.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:25 pm

"The Time of Destiny will be when the people of Phong shall found new cities, and achieve great deeds, for many are the demons that shall fall before our swords!" says the officer, eyes flashing.

"Captain Forsoothly Phong speaks true, Great One," continues the mouse with a staff and chasuble. "The Ice Lions of the North, for example. We have long kept them back through King Frederick Phong's Wall and its many fortresses. While the swamps to the south are homes to disgusting leech-like thing that transform those infected into creatures of nightmare. Long we have awaited the opportunity to wipe out such monsters. But all legends agree--such will fail until the Time of Destiny arrives and our world shall be cleansed."
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Love, I'm having an idea. Random must know what has transpired, but this is a resource we cannot leave untapped.

"Do all of your Phongling have this same belief, about the destined time?"

I like their style. 'Cleanse the world.' Yes, I approve.

If they all believe this, we can accomplish both tasks easily.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Kierenne suppresses a maniacal laugh. She is in no danger of blurting out "Cleansed with fire!", even though it would feel soooo right. Indeed. I was thinking much the same thing.

"Ice Lions, yes. And nightmare spawning swamp leeches. Excellent. Plus these gargoyles. And then a grateful nation of bold Phong warriors, bent on world domination in the names of the Great Ones."

"So, first, we must usher in the Phong of Destiny, by clearing our new home of the infestation. A test, so to speak. The attempt will fail unless we truly are the Caretakers and this is the Time of Destiny, yes? So then, let us proceed; tell me about the gargoyles. Other than being very sound sleepers, and their size relative to your people, and their flight, and the fact that you've held off slaughtering them until we arrived... thank you for that, by the way... what makes them so fearsome a threat? Poisonous bites? Stone skin, impervious to your tiny little arrows? Tell me the story."

Last edited by Kierenne on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Captain Forsoothly Phong takes a step forward, standing erect to his full one-foot height. "The gargoyles" he says, "are nocturnal and carry away any living thing they can find, including any of our kind caught unawares. They attack in swarms, randomly, and while many of them die in each wave, still many others survive. By their presence they befoul the sacred Keep." He points to the walls of the castle, streaked with guano.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 am

"I see. Numbers, surprise, and they live in the keep. That's where the eggs are, so they'll always go back there. If we go there to attack them, they'll likely stay to protect the eggs. They carry you away, you say? Probably still alive? So they're wanting to eat you later, or feed you to the young. Or maybe some kind of queen who needs appeasing?"

"Oh well, shall we go? I suppose you Phong can watch us in action. But I warn you... nobody harm the eggs. I want to see if we can use them, later. Do you understand me? Harm the eggs, and... well... I'll be very cross."

"Creampuff, let's go get you some nice dinner. Hrm? Would you like that? Nummy nom noms? Nummy nummy nom noms. Yes, that's right."

Kierenne turns and stalks off back towards the keep, assuming Kieran and Creampuff are following her. Her plan is simple enough... walk into the keep and start killing gargoyles until there are none left.
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Seeing the determination in his sister's step and the carnage that shall ensue, Kieran follows with a slight prance in his step.

"Nice. Easy. Simple. Kill the living ones, take the young."

He starts whistling a happy little tune as he makes his way towards the keep.

Once they get near the keep, "Creampuff, put down your stuff." Kieran points at the clothes Creampuff carries, then points next to the entrance. "Put it down." Points again at the clothes, then next to the door, repeating until she does it.

Love, am I enjoying this too much?

Once she's set down her burden, Kieren takes Creampuff by the hand, he hurries inside before Kierenne can have all the fun, dragging the poor thing behind him.

Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:50 pm

"What does that mean, 'enjoying it too much'? Is that even possible?" she laughs.

"Creampuff, do you want to start? Go catch some gargoyles, girl. Go on." She nudges the morlock towards the first clump of gargoyles she spots, and stands back to watch how the gargoyles respond.

While she does that, she steps backwards a couple paces until she backs into her brother. Skin to skin, she can feel his excitement pressed against her hip. She switches her sword to her left hand, and then reaches behind her with the right hand, just a few strokes and caresses while she keeps an eye on the ceilings and Creampuff's progress.

You know, when we're done christening the keep with gargoyle blood, we'll have to go back and christen every room again with our screams of passion.
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Sliding his arm and free hand around his twin's shoulders and feeling the heat of her body against his. "Good call love."

Inhaling deeply of her scent, even beneath the travel smell, it's there. Creampuff, good luck.

Teasing his way down her neck, caressing the soulder blades before gently stroking his way down the center of her chest, making tracing a figure on her stomach with his fingertips, his hand rises to her chest, cups a breast, and pulls her tighter against him.

His eyes though follow the Morlock, "Good girl. Go get em Creampuff."

Are you sure you can't read my mind? I had thought of that myself. Make it a real home for us.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 pm

The gargoyles do stir from their rafters and hidden spots as the Kier, Creampuff and the armed mice enter the keep. The archers among the latter prove quite equal to the task, although only half their shafts hit home once the winged creatures are airborne--shrieking their lizard-like rage.

Likewise the gargoyles sweep down upon the mice and find themselves in combat against armed opponents skilled in the use of their weapons!

Creampuff's eyes alight as the creatures come close to her, and grabs more than a few in the air. Others light upon her back and begin to dig in with fangs and claws! Three mouse warriors leap to her defense, slashing at the scaly things on Creampuff's back and killing them. An archer takes one out that was aiming at the Morlock's face.

But of course at least a dozen and a half immediately swarm and head for the Kier--each the size of a small dog but with a wingspan of over a yard. All four limbs end in sharp, curved claws. Their mouths full of shark-like fangs...
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Uncoiling himself from his sister, Kieran joins the fray, sword weaving a dizzying pattern before him, as he meets the creatures that would dare interrupt their interlude. His eyes seem to shine with anger. The bloodworms sensing Kieran's mood are more visible and active.

As he swings at the creatures once in range, between slashes he growls, "You come into our castle.." slashes more, "Drive out our" sidestep followed by more slashes "Phonglings." continuing the attacks, Fleshrender seeming to dance in Kieran's grip, "Sleep in our chambers." working himself into a good old fashioned rage, "you shit our pattern. Our Pattern." his voice rising "And now you dare attack us?"

RECLAIM OUR KEEP! SLAUGHTER THEM!

"PHONGLINGS! TAKE NO PRISONERS! SLAY THEM ALL!" Rallying the rodents to him, "THE KEEP SHALL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE NON-BELIEVERS!"
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 am

Sword in hand, exposed flesh almost anticipating the sharp pain of teeth, it becomes a dance. Kierenne uses her Power Word to deflect some of the gargoyles, and her sword to cut others down. She always goes for the largest one she can reach, always keeps Kieran to her back, but always moves away from Kieran to make him follow her.

Each moment she anticipates the sharp stab of teeth, she delays the gratification for a few seconds longer by deflecting the gargoyle with her Power. It becomes a game, how long can she put off the moment of first pain? How long can she delay the gratification of bleeding, the feeling of her flesh knitting together again?

Kieran moves ahead into the swarm of gargoyles, rage keeping him away from safety, and Kierenne decides to cover his back instead of letting him chase her. He's relinquished control first.

THIS is why I love you more than life itself.
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:32 pm

The battle goes on for awhile. At a certain point, especially as the sun sets, many gargoyles flee the castle out through the various windows. Eventually, the only ones left are down below, in what should have been the Pattern chamber. These are larger, however, twice as big as the others, their bodies nearly half as tall of either Keir.

Some mice have died, while others are wounded and being cared. One of these is Forsoothly, but his Lieutenant--Fierce of Phong--proves a strapping and enthusiastic fighter. He assigns several of his fighters to protect/help Creampuff, who is wounded and in a vicious temper. She realizes before too long the Mice are helping her.

In the would-be Pattern Chamber, a dozen or more large Gargoyles swoop down and about. The archers spray the air with bolts, only wounding the things.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Larger targets, fewer though. The fun just doesn't stop!

We must cleanse this place.

"Phonglings!"

Charge into the room, jumping if any try to get out of reach, cleaving in twain those that get in range. Almost like an acrobatic dance, that includes nudity, violence, and flying gargoyles.

"LET NONE ESCAPE! GUARD THE DOOR!"

Keeping an ear out for the sounds of his twin's voice, ready to react if she starts a spell.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:01 pm

"Oh, this is perfect. A large room with high ceilings, aerial opponents, and no exit. Let us dance the sun dance, dear heart."

"Yes, stay back and do not allow them to leave, my Phong. And mind the eggs on the floor. I will not have them damaged."

With these larger gargoyles, the Power Word is not sufficient to deflect them, and only serves to tire Kierenne unduly. Instead, she spends a few moments creating a more complex spell, invoking a small opening into daylight in the palm of her hand. The beam, brighter than any spotlight, lances forth and bathes the room in true sunlight. Nothing should be damaged, but these nocturnal gargoyles will probably shy away from it.

She closes her hand to hide the light, and lure the things in. She watches Kieran, letting him choose the targets while she shies the others off, and blinds the intended when her brother is ready to bring it down. Working together, the two are able to move methodically through the larger gargoyles in this space.
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Sure enough, the Gargoyles cry out and weave unsteadily in the air. Creampuff gives a little cry as well. The People of Phong take advantage to pour more arrows into the air.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum