Strangers in Strange Lands (the Kier and Creampuff)

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Strangers in Strange Lands (the Kier and Creampuff)

Post  Kierenne on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:28 pm

"FINE" She casts another sunlight portal, covering the palm of her hand and staying attached to her hand, so she can aim it around the room as desired.

Though tired, and now hungry, Kierenne's mind slowly starts to connect ideas.

We were traveling directly towards, or directly away from, the source of the distortion.
    We arrived here, and found a well protected ancient device doing something involving a lot of power.
    We broke it.
    What if this was the source of the distortion? Could it be that easy?

Can you hear me? Is there still distortion on the trumps?
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 pm

[OOC - I specifically asked if you were traveling through Shadow as you went through the underground city. If you were doing so, you should have told me.]

If you have been traveling through Shadow rather than within this particular Shadow, then the distortion between you Trumps has not noticeably altered. But then, you haven't gone far. It has not gotten worse, It has not gotten better.
David
Admin

View user profile http://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:46 pm

]This was a check to see if the machinery was the source of the distortion]
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Still wonky, that machinery wasn't the cause.

Go to the door we came through, try it. Make sure we have an escape route. Try the door beyond the panel, if it opens, as we go into the room, start trying to shift Shadows.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 pm

{Kierenne isn't thinking very clearly, either. Sorry for the confusion. I agree OOC that we have not left the same shadow we were in. IC... she's confused and will rail against all the Gods, I'm sure.}

"Damn it!" She scans around the room, to see if anything significant has changed. She hadn't been paying attention before, so it's unlikely she'd really notice anything short of a hidden attacker looming in the sudden light.

"I'm still hungry. And now I'm doing magic again. Let's find some food please? And a nice comfy bed. And servants. And a hot bath. And some food. I'm hungry." She walks over to Kieran, and leans against his off side, to avoid interfering with Fleshrender.
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 pm

[OOC - there is no door beyond the panel.]

The door through which they came slammed shut when the control panel was destroyed. It has no inner doorknob.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm

We can try to hack through the door, or drop down and just start rending the machinery. Ensure that whomever owns this keep will not have a functioning magical...whatever it was.. to use again Amber. But she needs what she needs, exiting is a priority.

[OOC: Olive is the new Cyan, and much easier to read!]

"The sooner we leave this enemy fortification, the sooner we'll be back among real people love."

No other exits, guess we try what we know works on the door.

Poke the door a few times, if it shows damage, break it down. If not, "Noewe" as I strike it.

Once we get out of this defunct base, I'll get us There.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:43 pm

The door cracks open, revealing the same island with ruins.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:09 pm

"See, we're out!" putting an arm around his twin, "We'll leave this place" make our way down, through the city, into tunnels again, "We'll be around real people soon" start moving through Shadow. How long before she asks 'Are we there yet?'

Checking for clarity of trump reception, What do you think Random will say,once we report that we demagicked an magicked enemy keep?

Stay underground...that turn, down, um, that's not quite what I wanted, but yeah, that'll work.

Keep your eyes open dear, our trips like this are always interesting.

Keep it up. Is that water? listening closer, um, no, moving on....

Keep shifting Shadow, until we end up at a waterfall. Or something attempts to waylay us on our trip through Shadow.

Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Eventually, the nature of the underground city changes. Square doors and right angles give way to ovals and then a kind of angular look. Eventually, they find themselves in an underground plaza.

There's a waterfall nearby, and a sluicing system built into it that pours water into a series of oval wells. As they emerge onto the plaza, a spiral staircase going up is to their left, another going down to their right. Behind and above is a carved fissure in the stone through which pours sunlight.

And the plaza floor consists of tiles that alternate like a chessboard, dark and light. All contain some kind of stylized bird design.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:23 pm

"Finally! Let's get to carving the stone, so I can eat." Kierenne finds some energy in herself, and as they walk towards the waterfall she shifts shadows herself so that there is the entrance to a stairway behind the falling water. "I'm already tired of this distortion world. Worlds. Whatever."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 pm

The Kier will have to descend the stairs to actually reach the base of the waterfall. Still, the shift they seek as they approach it doesn't quite work. A second stairway appears beside the base of the waterfall, not behind it.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:06 pm

"Twice damned distortion, and thrice damned Prospero." She clenches her fist at the misplaced stairwell, then reaches out to grip Kieran's arm. "I swear, that man will suffer before he dies, brother. Do you hear me? He will suffer. By MY hand."

Then she descends the original stairway, and uses that motion to attempt further shifts of shadow, hoping to get the stairway in the proper place. "This world will bend to my will. It will become exactly what I command. Or I WILL BREAK IT!"
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:17 pm

The stairway shifts to the other side of the waterfall. Then the waterfall shrinks. And then the stairway vanishes.

On the other hand, the stairway they just came down still exists. To their left, a cave opening appears. And from within that darkness they can see eyes. The right placing for short humanoid creatures if such had slightly glowing eyes.

A couple of dozen of them.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Kierenne wrote:"Twice damned distortion, and thrice damned Prospero." She clenches her fist at the misplaced stairwell, then reaches out to grip Kieran's arm. "I swear, that man will suffer before he dies, brother. Do you hear me? He will suffer. By MY hand."

Then she descends the original stairway, and uses that motion to attempt further shifts of shadow, hoping to get the stairway in the proper place. "This world will bend to my will. It will become exactly what I command. Or I WILL BREAK IT!"

She is so beautiful when she's like this...so raw, so passionate...

He starts to move his arm towards her face, then stops as she turns to continue down the staircase. Upon exiting the stairs and seeing the eyes, he moves in front of Kierenne, sword waving ready patterns before him, alternating back and forth between hands.

Give them something to think about. Damn it all. These shadows here need cleansing. Of this distortion, of Prospero, of the enemies of Amber.

Love, we have company. It's time to take out some frustrations, no?
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:07 am

The communication via Trump has slightly less distortion now.

Meanwhile, some figures step into the light. They look vaguely humanoid, but ivory white. Skin, hair, fangs and even their oversize eyes are white. Large, pointed ears. Flat, broad noses. They have a downy fur over much of their torsos, atop their heads and along the back of their arms.

Hissing, they approach the Kier.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:51 pm

"Awwwww, Kieran. They're cute. All white and fuzzy. Can I keep one?" Nonetheless, she draws her sword and prepares to slaughter. If there's one that looks smaller and preferably female, she points her sword at her. "That one, she's adorable. I want that one. Leave her for me, would you? Pretty please?"
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Baring their fangs, the white humanoid creatures leap at Kieran and Kierrenne.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Kierenne is tired, still. She fights at only Warfare: Amber.

"Kieran? Did you hear me? Don't hurt Creampuff! She's mine, Kieran. Don't hurt her, please?"
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 pm

[Do we need to put how much warfare we're using in here? If so, I'll edit.]

Let's see how they feel once Fleshrender has tasted their skins, and finds it lacking..

Once they see their allies wounds, they maybe demoralized. A broken army is a defeated army. I'll try not to add your fluffy to the count, be ready though.

Kierran charges to meet their leap. Allowing their momentum to work against them as he lays into them. No finesse, no neat strokes, he's making carnage plain and simple Trying somewhat to avoid 'Creampuff'.

I wonder what these taste like...
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

"Her name's Creampuff, not fluffy."
Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Yes love, Creampuff.
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:08 pm

The creatures back off when the first one or two of them falls. They hang back warily, but given the chance will drag the nearest wounded or dead member of their race closer to them and away from the Kier.

And then they eat him.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm

While the fluffies are eating, Kierenne pokes her brother in the arm. {Power Word: Pain Attack (herinafter called "Finger of Pain")} "That's for making fun of Creampuff."

Kierenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Backing off once they do, once they start eating...he growls and turns his head quickly shooting his twin a glance of annoyance/apology...apnoylogy.

Once they are engrossed in their meal, Kieran renews the assault basking in the thrill of the carnage.

"YOU! Will show the proper Respect!"

WATCH IT, you almost hit Creampuff.

Trying to get near Creampuff and with the flat of the blade, push/launch Creampuff to Kierenne.

Heads up love!
Kieran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum