The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen)

5 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen)

Post  David Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Horatio indicates the door and proceeds to accompany Aiden to Karlsens' Clockworks.
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen)

Post  Fergus Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Fergus follows the factory manager and indeed asks several questions about the machines. He is genuinely interested in them, particularly how the machines are powered, what they do and how they are operated.

It is some 15 minutes later therefore before he arrives at the meeting, somewhat wiser to some of the methods of his host in the manufacture of the quality artefacts that he produces.

The clock in the room chimes a quarter past the hour and Fergus realises that he is in fact late for the meeting.

Fergus
Fergus

http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:47 pm

In response to Karlsen's offer of breakfast, Aiden smiles and replies, "Aw thanks, mate, but I'm already fit to be stuffed. I couldn't eat another bite."

Aiden turns slightly and makes a gesture indicating the man beside him "I'm not sure whether you two have met before, but this is Lord Horatio, Assistant Minister of Special Affairs."

After they are introduced, Aiden goes to shake Karlsen's hand. Looking around, he continues. "Wonderful place. I really don't get in here often enough," he says, shaking his head.
And then, fixing his gaze back on Karlsen, he says, "I understand you've been examining a marvelous little magic box from one of our 'guests'. Figure out what makes it tick?"

Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Fergus looks around the room as Aiden asks about the box. He knows both his cousins so the spare part in the room must be Lord Big Ears himself. Fergus studies the man whose vacuous title does not accurately describe what he does. Potentially a dangerous man to make an enemy of, though Fergus has taken a strong dislike to the man's presumption and his obvious attempts to ferret out information about him at the party.

By now he'd probably also know about his abilities, although he'd only used it very briefly at the party and last night at the workshop. He'd expected Flora to tell Random about them, but as master of spies it might be only natural that Lord Big Ears would find out as well.

He heads only to the man and slaps him on the back, a brief analysis the man's biology in the touch. The more contact he could get the better though.

"You must be Horatio, I'm Fergus" he says emphacising that he has no title and gives no titles.

Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:39 pm

"Pleased to meet you, my...that is, Fergus." He smiles. "Please excuse my fumbles in adapting my usual set of courtesies to one more in tune with your own good self." He gives a tiny bow of his head at this. "As you have perhaps already heard, I am one of those charged with gathering intelligence for the Crown...or Realm. I hope you will be pleased to learn King Random and his Queen regard learning the truth of your parentage as a high priority."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:36 am

Fergus gives a false smile back and he adsent mindedly puts his hand on the picture of Isabel in his pocket that Mint had left him the night before, before offering his hand to Lord Big Ears. Good to have more biological information, the more touches the better.

Keep up the pretense of friendliness and pump him for information. I have been watched all my life, so I'll be damned if I let you make me your subject in a larger prison.

"Yes I heard that you receive the whispers for Random. I am pleased to hear that they rate my parentage as high priority, though I hear alot of whispers about Crimson Unicorns that seem somewhat interesting. What do you make of all such talk?"
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:15 am

(occ - Embarassed Sorry all, I swear the first time I ran my cursor over the link it didn't show a link so I thought it would be a new thread. Also sorry for the delay in posting, been kind of an odd day here.)

Karlsen walks over to where the box is sitting on the table. “This little beauty is a real piece of work. I wish I understood what some of the spells do. But the basics are this. It is a recording device. Anything said, done, Trumped, Patterned, cast and possibly even done with the Logrus is recorded. It is then stored in the base of the box. When the box is opened the information is downloaded into the dust you see at the bottom of the box. Then the box transforms the dust into a small bird such as you see here.” He taps the bell jar where the other bird is sitting dejectedly on the bottom. “Then the bird flies off and heads to…” he waves his hand vaguely, “someplace. But the same someplace each time. The imperative directive does not change.”

Karlsen walks over to the envelope containing the monocle. "This one is fascinating. From what I have observed it is a trump construction that was made using pure Trump Artistry. It was drawn by somebody that I have never seen and have no records of. It was etched with an advanced method using relatively primitive implements.”

“I was hoping to inspect the lady that you removed this from to see where it was attached. I believe that the thing that it attached to might have some bearing on the investigation.” He picks up a large magnifying glass and then then picks up the envelope. “It is light enough now that I should be able to see what is etched into the monocle. However, before I take it out be warned that I believe that it is still active and may still be transmitting.”
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Horatio says "I only know this is a matter about which I am to learn. Policy is not my specialty."

When Karlsen examines the monocle more closely, he will definitely get an impression of what lies on the other side of this trump. It isn't the easiest image to make out, but appear blue and violet, with a woman's face. But there are also wings.

More, this woman's face is watching back. Most definitely.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Oh "Mr Policy is not my Speciality", you're pretending to hide it but I can see right through you. If you managed to hear Mint calling me Professor then you certainly heard about the Crimson Unicorn at the party. So you are either lying to me now or are incredibly bad at your job. I favour to believe that you must have been given the Head Spymaster role as you have some competance in that regard, so I call you a liar.

Fergus says simply "Fair enough" and turns his attention to Karlsen studying the artefact.
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Aiden leans over to Karlsen and, almost in a whisper, says, "Don't keep us in suspense, mate. Whatdiya see?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Karlsen pulls out his inspection glasses as he says, "Hard to make out. Hello!" He waves at the monocle. "It is definitely active. There appears to be a woman. Colors are hard to make out because it is a clear picture. I'm getting the impression of a woman, blue and violet, and wings. Let me get a closer look." He pulls the device on his head and snaps the lense assembly into place. He then clicks the magnifying and Trump lenses into place.

(Occ-I am going to look at the background first to try and get an impression of her surroundings, then look at her and see how strong the connection is. Could I establish a Trump contact through it? Could I draw a Trump of the woman? I just want to establish if I can, I don't want to try yet.)

Karlsen will offhandedly and distractedly mention, "Do you have the other half of the device Mr. H?" Hopefully Lord Horatio and others will take the clue and not use anyone's name or title.
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:22 pm

The image is too small, and she seems to be moving.

"The other piece, Mr. K?" Horatio asks. "I understood Miss F. left everything with you."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Without turning Karlsen points to the frayed end of the ribbon. "This went somewhere and attached to her clothing. I think it might strengthen the connection. Of course putting it together now would be a problem." He straightens up. "Anyone else care for a look?"
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:30 pm

"The lovely lady informed it was around her neck. My inquiries of the Bearer gave the same information," says Horatio. He makes no move toward the device but gestures to Aiden and Fergus.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:15 pm

"What a silly question. Of course I would," says Aiden gingerly taking the lens assembly from Karlsen and carefully fitting it to his eyes.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:05 am

The image cannot help but be distorted. Not only the size but the carving in the glass.

Blue and purple. Feathers. A woman's face, or at least her upper face. She blinks, staring close in. It is exactly as if Aiden were staring into a peephole and the person on the other side was doing the same.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 am

Karlsen considers Horatio's words. "Welll...... Then a piece might have been lost somewhere along the way. Maybe when it broke a smaller piece came off of the loop attached to the monocle."

He thinks for a momoent, "Or maybe it was stitched to the ribbon in some place and the stiching is what gave way. So what we have here is probably a complete article. Unless there were marks on the person who carried it. Perhaps a tattoo or stain mark?"
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 am

Aiden speaks softly, almost to himself, "Who are you, little bluebird? Where are you? What is it you're after?"

He focuses his mind intently on the image pushing to make a connection with his will.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:30 am

And Aiden gets...nothing. It is as if there is no consciousness with which to make contact.

The eyes blink, and turn sideways.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:49 am

That doesn't make any sense. Is it some kind of automated construct? Does it simply act as a vehicle for the creator's psyche without any sentience of it's own or...? Maybe one has to wear it in the usual manner for it to function properly....Of course in that case, the one wearing it might be subject to some kind of psychic scan or mental programming wave. Screw it! I'm probably going to regret this but...

"I don't suppose you've tried fitting the monocle to your eye without all the extra inspection lenses...," Aiden says as he deftly removes the monocle from the array of lenses.

"Uh, if I start, you know, acting crazy and trying to take over the world, do something okay?" Aiden slides the freed monocle over his right eye and refocuses on the image of the winged girl.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:54 am

The monocle tingles very slightly, and feels cool to the touch. But other than that...nothing.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:25 am

(Occ- Since the monocle isn't part of the array I assume that you are taking off the device to put on the monocle.)

Karlsen takes back his Glasses of True Seeing and puts it on. "How do you feel?" He snaps the assembly down and flips up the magnifying lense to get an overall view of Aiden. "Do you feel any connection? Do feel you have to do anything?"
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:34 am

Obviously an object of power...and cool...like a Trump but less severe. Wonder how it would respond if.....

Aiden brings the Pattern to mind, concentrating on holding its image while looking into the monocle = mentally feeling, pressing, insinuating focused Power into and around the image like a set of lockpicks to see if something will work loose.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:37 am

As he moves further into the Pattern, Aiden seems to hear Karlsen from far away. He makes a slight motion with his hand that signifies, 'wait'....at least he thinks he does.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:36 am

Fergus watches his two more experienced cousins try and prise the secrets from the monocle. He briefly contemplates taking Karlsen up on his offer to look through the lens, but being as it is two way and he is well aware that they are after him he decides against it.

Instead he waits and he watches using all his senses to try and detect any sort of power that his cousins might be using. Aunt Fiona implied that he might be able to do it with practice, and there was no time like the present.
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next