The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen)

5 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen) - Page 13 Empty Re: Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen)

Post  David Sat May 26, 2012 12:01 pm

[OOC - the cabin can fit 4 or 5 standing, just. It can sleep two without much trouble at all. Three adults would be very difficult. Three standing around and talking is a tiny bit cramped, but just a tiny bit.]
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen) - Page 13 Empty Re: Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen)

Post  Fergus Sat May 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Fergus heads in a bit further.

"So what have you found?"
Fergus
Fergus

http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sat May 26, 2012 6:21 pm

[OOC Yes, he can sail. Aiden has a sloop of his own on Shadow Earth]

"Yes, we could release a bird from the box we found at Isabel's house, if that is indeed what it does. We could also call a bird of our own to track it through Shadow...It may move much faster than we do unless we Hellride, an option I'd rather avoid until it's absolutely necessary....That kind of ride can be a little 'bumpy'." Aiden grins.

Swiveling in his seat as Fergus speaks, Aiden jabs a thumb at Karlsen. "Found one of Dworkin's Trumps hidden away in a small compartment....The card is of Julian."

"Also found some charts stashed away. Two caught my eye...One is to a place called lv. Another - the one which seems to have had the most use - leads to a place called Wone. We were discussing sailing the catamaran there. It's a safe bet that we've been observed ever since we arrived at Isabel's house, so I doubt we'd be giving much away by sailing her. And besides, it might just get the attention of the right people in Wone....or not," Aiden chuckles. "That's what I'm thinkin' anyway."
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Fergus thinks for a moment then thinking aloud says.

"Julian was missing from the party in Remba. Not a coincidence I'd guess. I was going to do some investigation on the cult here before we left, unless you think this is more important."
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sat May 26, 2012 9:37 pm

"You're right, of course. Some intell on the cult couldn't hurt. You know more about them than I do. Where should we start?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Sun May 27, 2012 3:37 am

Fergus has already tgiven this some thought and is quick to answer.

"Well first I'd get some general background from libraries or other sources. Then.I would like to look up Mr Dragan Forester and ask him some pointed questions. First however, I think we should see what was in that box that you found."
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 am

"Also as much as I appreciate the nice boat, I think that the owner might appreciate us not commandeering it. I think that there is a possibility that they may be people of Substance and not Shadow. Perhaps ‘borrowing’ their things isn’t the best way to introduce ourselves. Taking stuff from the depths of Shadow is one thing, taking a person of Substance’s things can cause problems.”

“Let us instead leave a message, take the charts to be copied. While some scribes copy the charts we can look into the cult. Then return the charts and be on our way. What do you think?”
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Sun May 27, 2012 1:48 pm

"Sounds completely reason to me. I'm sure we could go and sort copying the map and checking local information in the next day or so. I'd then want to check out the house where I was imprisoned as a first place to look for cult members."

And avoid having to go in a boat again for a while.

"I still think we should look into that box that Aiden found though since that might drastically change our plans. If we find something of import there it may give us a better lead."
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun May 27, 2012 8:02 pm

"Okay...no to the boat. We won't need the charts if we're not taking a boat. We can leave them here. I've memorized the major landmarks of both places, so it shouldn't be any trouble to Shadowride to either place when we decide to leave Haven."

"We could leave a message if you wish, but to whom? Who are we expecting to find it? "

"As far as Dragan Forrester is concerned, I'm sure that we'll run into him or his cronies at some point along the way. I don't think we'll have to search him out, not that I'd have any idea where to begin anyway. I'm not, as yet, sure who his employers are. The library might be a good start for information about the cult....but it'd be better if we could find a temple or some such in the area. If the cult is widespread throughout Nexus that shouldn't be too hard to find....unless their organization is hunted or out of favor with the local regime for some reason."

"As for the box.....I'm somewhat undecided about opening it. If it is like the other one, we should at least have some way to track the messenger once it's opened. OTOH, it may be something completely different and contain information vital to deciding our next move.....Karlsen, do you have anything handy that might be used to track something through Shadow?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Mon May 28, 2012 5:26 am

David wrote:[There are no enchantments perceivable in or on the box. ...]

Karlsen conveys all of the above to his compatriots.

Karlsen says, "I think we can just open the box. The other enchantments were quite obvious. The message could be quite simple. Unless there is something very interesting in the box, we just leave it with the Trump. I think that we should leave a message that says that our cousin Benjamin here is looking for his mother and that we believe the owner of this boat knows information about her. He would be very grateful if they could contact an embassy of Amber and arrange for a meeting on neutral ground so we can discuss this and other things that might be of interest to both parties."

"What do you two think?"
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Mon May 28, 2012 6:08 am

"I think the message sounds fine. The cult here won't know who Benjamin is so that won't help them any. Even if they do pick it up and try and trap us, we can arrange for one of the Elder Amberites to be with us if we need to do a meeting."

"As to the box, if we open it here in the cabin with the doors closed there is no where for any clay bird to fly out to and I can catch it just like we did for the other one. That's assuming that this box contains one of those birds and not something else. I'd be suprised if Isobel owned a box with one of those birds in it to be honest."

Fergus heads over and shuts the door to the cabin, ensuring that there is no gap that a clay bird could snek through.

"So what do you say Aiden, time to find out what is in Isobel's box?"

"
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Mon May 28, 2012 10:16 am

Aiden scratches his chin and ponders, nodding from time to time as both Karlsen and Fergus speak. "Hmmmm. Yes, okay. That all sounds pretty good."

And then, pulling the tiny box from his jacket.... "All right, rabbit, you've convinced me," he says with a wink.

If everyone is ready, Aiden proceeds to open the tiny clasp and raise the lid......
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon May 28, 2012 1:54 pm

[OOC - Amber has no embassy here. In fact, the general population are totally unaware of Shadow.]

The box opens without fanfare. Within lies a ring of a unique design. Gold and white gold filaments woven together. The stone is really two--each fashioned into one half of a circle, forming a completion together. One is black, most likely onyx. But the second is a transluscent orange. Amber. The design and size make it clear this ring was intended for a woman's hand.

All three recognize this as very much like a wedding ring.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Mon May 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Fergus laughs out loud at the sight of the ring, partially out of relief and partially at the ridiculous precautions they took to protect themselves from it.

"I think its safe and isn't going to escape" he says at last. "I wonder who it was from and whether they actually went through with it. The obvious candidate is Julian, given the trump, though Eric had trumps of Isobel too which were more intimate. So it could be either of them."

Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Wed May 30, 2012 10:45 am

Karlsen lets out a chuckle. "Yes, that is not going anywhere fast. It raises some interesting questions though, who is for and who is it from being the formost. Why it is not on her finger is another."

Karlsen will inspect the ring. As he knows all the high quality artificers in the area of Amber, and a good number of nearby shadows, does he recognise the workmanship? Perhaps at least placing a shadow that it could have come from?
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 pm

[OOC - the design doesn't ring a bell, but Fergus has seen it before. This is a fairly typical Nexus design.]
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Wed May 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Fergus studies the ring closely after Karlsen has had a go with it.

"I've seen that kind of design on Holo-TV before. It's definitely from here. That doesn't tell us much as we know that Eric, Random, Caine and Julian all used to play cards here at the house. We can suppose that this is where they met Isobel. I guess the only reason that she wouldn't be wearing it is if she didn't accept whoever's proposal or broke off the engagement. The Amber symbolism is obvious and is a real statement, but why a black stone? I thought Isobel was to do with the Crimson Unicorn cards, which would make a ruby more appropriate."
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 am

Kalsen looks at Fergus. "It could have been from Eric. That would be a reason she would not be wearing it any more. But I would not assume that.”

OCC – Does it have a wedding band on it? Or is it just an engagement ring?
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 am

"I'm not assuming anything here until we have some hard facts, I was just speculating."

Fergus opens the cabin door.

"I think we have found everything we are going to find here now. Let's go and start investigations on the cult. If that gets us nowhere we can head to Wone or Iv. Karlsen, you'd better write that note before we go."

Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu May 31, 2012 4:20 pm

[OOC-ask Fergus, 'cause he's from around here. If he tells the truth, you'll learn that is a wedding ring.]
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Thu May 31, 2012 4:32 pm

[OOC - Fergus will tell Karlsen the its looks like a traditional wedding ring on the Nexus if he asks]
Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Thu May 31, 2012 5:10 pm

"I agree. I think we've been here a little too long as it is. It's time to get going."

Turning toward Karlsen and holding open the tiny box, Aiden says, "I'll hold onto the ring if you're done studying it."

Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 am

Fergus notices that Aiden hasn't put things back in a tidy manner and he steps across the cabin around the others to go and ensure everything looks neat and tidy, expecting that Karlsen will write the note and leave it on the top.

Fergus then heads off the boat and out of the hut. He waits for the others to catch up with him and says.

"I'll have to ask where the nearest library is I'm afraid since I'm a stranger in my own town."

Happy to be heading in the direction of a wealth of books, Fergus heads over to some likely looking fellows in the harbour area and asks.

"Perchance could you fine fellows direct me to the best library in town?"

Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm

OCC - If these people are 'substance' they will know what Amber is or how to find an embassy of Amber. If they aren't 'substance' then it doesn't matter much.

Karlsen gives the ring back saying, "Do you think this means they were married? Or just a proposal?"

Karlsen takes a bit of time to word the message in 'ambassador speak' and writes it down. He passes it to Aiden. "How does that look? Fancy wording is not my specialty."

OCC - Do I need to write this out?
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:24 am

[OOC - The Nexus has a thing about Amberites being monsters so I doubt there is an embassy here (probably fueled by the Oracle Group). They know nothing of Shadow. I think David already answered that on the previous page. You already said what you were going to say in the note, so I don't think you'll need to write it again.]

Fergus comes back from talking to the harbour workers to the others.

"Charming bunch. They seemed to think that it was hilarious to need the services of a library around Festival time! At least the answered me between their laughter."

Fergus turns at Karlsen's question on the potential of Isobel's marriage.

"It is a wedding ring and not an engagement ring. They are stylisically different here. I understand that it is traditional for the groom to keep the ring before giving it at the wedding, so my guess would be that if she had the ring then she was married to one of the Elder Amberites. Kind of makes me glad in a way since very few Elder Amberites seem to marry. When we get a chance we should perhaps try and contact Julian."

Fergus studiously avoids asking Karlsen or Aiden if Gerard or Caine married their mothers.

"Lets go to the library."

Fergus begins leading the group towards the administrative sector in town.

Fergus
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next