Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen)

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade (Aiden, Fergus, Karlsen)

Post  Aiden on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 pm

"Both, if I can."

Aiden removes the small tracking receiver from his pocket. "We need to keep tabs on the Cyclops and the one who is transporting the wedding ring. Hopefully, both will be the same person....and that person will shortly head for the ship. "

"Did Fergus say anything about these sirens? Are cities in the Nexus regularly at war with one another?"
Aiden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 am

[OOC - Assuming Karlsen has passed on the question from Aiden]

Fergus replies to Karlsen's question quietly into the trump.

"The cities of the Nexus do war with each other at times. I wouldn't say it was common but the history books do show wars flaring up occaisionally. They usually last less than a year though before a settlement is reached. I suspect this one has been caused by the change in Government here in Haven. Another of the cities has obviously objected strongly to one of their new policies. The bombardments I understand can be quite nasty, though if you're quick you should be able to get out of the way of the incendaries."
Fergus

View user profile http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Up in the sky, as the beams of vast arclights appear suddenly aiming up, what looks like a small fleet of airships can be seen. They look quite high. Guns begins firing, with shells exploding in the air like fireworks.

Then, an explosion. Not far away. The fireball (not too large) clearly illuminates the area for a few moments. More sirens, of a different kind. Probably a fire brigade.

Much of Haven is a port, so presumably that would be a major target. On the other hand, this hardly looks like the most busy or industrial part of same. Probably not a deliberate high priority target.

The tracking device shows movement. Out of the warehouse. Towards the submersible.

Aboard the submersible, plenty of activity begins. The crew members are running around and checking valves, fastening certain fixtures. A mechanical series of sounds begin echoing, even reverberating through Weredolphin.

If Aiden or Karlsen glance towards Weredolphin, they can see the sails folding up automatically, then retracting into the body of the submersible.
David
Admin

View user profile http://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Fergus hears the noises of the crew moving around and decides to fall back into his hidey hole as far as he can. He doesn't want to be discovered at this stage and needs to hide out until they reach their destination (wherever that may be). He keeps his ears to the ground just in case they say anything important, but it is best if he can get to their secret lair without them realising it.

And then I might be able to find out who is at the centre of this plot

Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:05 pm

Aiden keeps glancing at the sky in case the bombs start 'walking' toward their end of the port.

A low tone sounding from his receiver alerts him that the ring is on the move again..."We're in business," he says to Karlsen as he checks the direction. "They're headed toward the boat."

"Tell Fergus to expect us as soon as we give this warehouse a quick looksee.....sooner if it looks like it's on the target list. And keep an eye on our cousin. He's the one they want, remember."

Aiden waits to see how many emerge from the warehouse.
(Aiden and Karlsen are on the right-rear side of the warehouse as you are facing it, so the front door isn't visible)
Aiden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:35 am

Three men emerge from the rear and head for the submersible.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:20 am

Fergus hears the hatch open and sounds of urgent communication.

Looks like we might be on our way!

Fergus whispers through trump.

"Karlsen, more people coming aboard. I guess we're about to be off. I'll let you know when we get to our destination and then pull you through when they've got off. There's not room to hide 3 people on board here."

Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 pm

"Alright, " Aiden replies. We're gonna check out this warehouse while you're enjoying your tropical cruise." Aiden grins. "See if Isaac knows how to make a Moonshot, wouldja? And order us a round."

Aiden looks at Karlsen. "Let's go take a peek inside?"

Once the three men are below deck, Aiden heads for the back door of the warehouse (if Karlsen is ready).
Aiden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:34 am

Tropical cruise! I'm sure he knows how much I hate going on boats! And who is Issac and what is a Moonshot? Has Aiden gone a bit peculiar or am I missing something here?

Not wanting to appear thick Fergus whispers back.

"OK I'll keep the link open for a bit in case I need you."

Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 am

Karlsen looks at Aiden. "Lets go. You want to take point? I will keep the my eyes out behind us."
Karlsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 am

Aiden moves quickly to the back door, keeping an eye out for any movement above deck on the boat. Upon reaching the door, he takes a final look around as he turns the knob...then opens the door just wide enough to slide inside. Aiden gives his eyes a moment to adjust to the dim (dark?) surroundings.....
Aiden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Karlsen follows Aiden, keeping watch to the corners of the building and the direction the three men went. When they reach the door he pauses and sweeps the area one last time before following Aiden into the warehouse.
Karlsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:33 pm

The interior of the warehouse seems simple enough. Boxes piled here and there. A few chairs. A desk with some bills.

Aboard the Weredolphin, plenty of activity marks getting ready to set sail. The outer rigging finishes collapsing and secures itself. The engine starts to hum (or cough as the case might be). Sounds of footsteps echo below decks. Three sets. Three passengers, as the outer hatches are locked shut.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:00 pm

My, it's going to start to get crowded on here.

Fergus decides to try listening in as best he can to the newcomers. There may be a chance later to replace one of them and getting as much information on them as possible up front would be necessary if it were to work. He'd need to get a good look at them too, but that might be difficult from the engine area.

Fergus settles in and waits for his opportunity.

Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Aiden scans the papers on the desk for any bills of lading, familiar names on forms, etc. that might be of interest. He also checks the drawers, as well, for items of interest, false bottoms, keys taped to the underside of the desk and such.....
Aiden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:58 am

Karlsen will keep a look out for Aiden. He will make a circuit around the warehouse to check the other exits.
Karlsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm

As far as Aiden can tell, the bills and such simply indicate some supplies--fairly luxurious is his guess--headed for "the island." Nothing else hidden he can find.

Karlsen rapidly learns the warehouse is now empty, at least of any other men. But he can hear the falling of bombs growing closer. If he looks outside, he can see fires erupting closer to this area than he'd like. Up above, explosions rock the sky.

Fergus overhears the crew talking with the passengers. How long before they can cast off? Immediately. Time to reach the island? Batteries are fully charged and they can cut through the major sealanes because it is dark. Less than two hours.

Muffled explosions in the distance.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Fergus wonders what he is going to do in the two hours he has to wait. Normally when he was still imprisoned he would while away alot of the time reading from the Holo-books in the library. Indeed he'd gone through most of the library there several times over. However now he had no books or Holo-books to read or Holo-vids to watch.

"Karlsen" he whispered into the card "It's two hours to the island from here. No point in keeping the contact open all that time, I'll contact you again near the time we get to the island."

Fergus shifted the cramp away from the postion he was wedged in-between the machinery. Fergus mused that it was probably time to report in about what he'd found. He flicked through the cards of the deck that had been given him and selected the card showing a beautiful blond woman. Fergus concerntrated as he had been taught waiting for a connection to his Aunt Flora.
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Looks like they've made a comfy little pad for themselves, for a fringe cult. Be nice to find out who's been bankrolling these jokers.

"Nothing much here beyond the ordinary order forms and supply manifests. I was hoping there'd be more. How's it lookin from your end," Aiden calls to Karlsen.
Aiden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:57 am

To Fergus, "How many do you think there are on the submarine? Could the three of us overpower them? Wait no that will not work. We do not know the waters of the area, or if there are any signals. Hold tight and do not hesitate to call if there is trouble. We can find another way out there if needed." With that unless he has something further to add Karlsen will break the Trump contact.

To Aiden, "Nothing much here either. However the bombs seem to be dropping closer." Karlsen will use his Warfare to try and decide on the best option available to them at the moment, hunker down where they are or is there a better shelter nearby. (Stronger building within reach before the bombing gets too close) He will suggest this to Aiden. "Unless you want to step out of this shadow for a bit and wait for Fergus to bring us back." He pulls out a Trump of a peaceful looking field with a small cottage at the back.
Karlsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:06 am

"mmmm, Why not," Aiden answers, as he finishes rifling through the paper pile and begins closing the drawers and setting the desk back to its previous 'order'.

A few moments later, he heads over to where Karlsen is standing. "Where'dja have in mind?"
Aiden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:04 am

"Just quiet little cabin in the woods. Timestream is about 4 to 1 of Amber. We can relax and I can sketch a trump to get us back, or Fergus can bring us back." If Aiden is willing, he will concentrate on the Trump and when Aiden is ready take his hand and lead him through.
Karlsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:48 pm

"That sounds alright. Let's make sure we check in on Fergus in about an hour...Nexus time. Wouldn't want him to forget all about us with all the fun he's having on his pleasure cruise."

And I am a little concerned about leaving him on his own like this. Poor kid's knowledge of the world is mainly from holovids.

Almost on cue, a loud explosion sounds in the harbor...quite a bit closer than the last few. "Let's get going. I think their aim is getting better...or worse. Either way...."
Aiden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Aboard the Weredolphin, the ship is not only soon underway, it submerges. The effect has an odd but subtle one on all sounds. Fergus definitely makes out some explosions in the distance. He can sense the submersible picking up speed.

Voices in the hallway...

"...this might be the start of Amber's invasion, do you?"

"Possible, but unlikely I think. Our Benefactor keeps us well informed of any military movements. Indeed, I think it safe to say some of the problems with which Amber must now deal come as a result of our Benefactor's efforts."

"You know so much more than the rest of us."

"True."

"But..."

"What??

"Can we be sure of the Benefactor? Positive that He means to treat us better than Amber would? They are said to be kin, after all!"

"Do not blaspheme!"

And the voices faded away, as each fell silent.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:40 pm

So our enemy is a man and is possibly related to me! Interesting indeed. If only that man would give a name, still I can always force it out of him later if need be. I may need to keep an ear out whilst talking to Flora.

Fergus tried the trump again to his Aunt. He had assumed that it would work underwater as it had worked in Rebma at the party. He hoped that nothing had happened to Aunt Flora.

"Aunt Flora, can you hear me?"
Fergus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next