The Princess Bides (Reena)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: The Princess Bides (Reena)

Post  David on Thu May 24, 2012 10:38 pm

"Dizzying," says her dazzling Uncle with a smile. "The big news is, we've come across what looks like another branch of the family tree! Exactly where they sprung from remains a mystery, but we're eager to find out. They even have their own sigil--a crimson unicorn on a black field. From what we gather, there are at least four, probably siblings--Fernand, Josette, Leontes and Isobel. At least some of them think Isobel dead and blame each other for it. Oh, and here's the kicker. Some one named Prospero is a relative. Skinny, pale, lanky dark hair, eyes two different shades of blue. Learned sorcery as a boy with Dworkin. Which means, be careful. We think he's a relative, anyway. Dworkin was going on about how they were the top boys at this magic academy back in the day and then how Prospero's brother Elrond married Dworkin's daughter! Before you ask--no, I'd no idea Dad had any siblings. Unfortunately, Dworkin revealing all this--little as it was--accompanied some events that sent him into a depression and now he's just drinking mulled wine and taking long walks by the beach. Last we heard from Mint, one this other family evidently makes his base over in Uberwald. We're hoping maybe you could look him up, and of course be nice?"
David
Admin

View user profile http://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena on Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 pm

"I've met a couple of them already today. Fernand's a horse's ass. I'm a guest of his at the moment but I'm looking to split soon. Prospero I've already met and he was making comments about knowing Dworkin and lobbing about mystery keys.

"So are these 'family' members friendly? I've so far been mostly on good terms with Fernand and his girlfriend but should I expect to be stabbed while I sleep?"

Quite the day for the family history. Bleys doesn't seem to be too concerned about the whole thing. Maybe coming back from the dead gives you a different perspective on life. I'll just try to play it cool like he's doing.
Reena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Sat May 26, 2012 1:51 am

"According to what we've heard, this other family is secretive and have their own agendas, but so far we can't pin down anything hostile coming from any of them aimed at Amber. Josette and Fernand each blame the other for Isobel's disappearance, but she also claims he's as upright as they come. Given she runs around with a pirate boyfriend take that as you like. Frankly, anything at all you find out about them would be worth it. Somebody involved with them tried to kidnap a member of the family, but then again it might be an enemy of theirs. They don't seem to be working together, either, so they're pretty much like us in that anyway." He laughs. "Oh, and according to Aiden they seem to have their own home base, a city of some kind. According to him, they have a Pattern. He got a glimpse through a weird Trump--yeah, they have their own Trumps too. Aiden says it looked exactly like our Pattern. We do live in interesting time, don't we?"
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena on Mon May 28, 2012 2:29 am

"I think I've picked up a few things on them. I'll get a full report once I get out of Uberwald.

"Fernand is involved with your pal Valentine. I'm not sure what his plans are for ruling or controlling this shadow."
Reena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Bleys lifts an eyebrow. "Valentine? I don't believe I know anyone by that name. In fact, I'm quite sure of it."
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena on Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm

"Well if you don't know her then someone has been going around looking like you. That person apparently died in the battle in Fjordheim earlier today. His body is in the possession of the Sisters of the Unicorn."
Reena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon May 28, 2012 5:24 pm

"Presumably a Shadow of yours truly," he says. "If I might suggest something, try to arrange a form of communication back to this Fernand person. And you might want to do a little investigating on your own into his two sisters. Just a thought. Did you have other plans?" He asks this, smiling.
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena on Thu May 31, 2012 3:42 am

"Plans? I've been waiting around for you to send me those cousins you promised" she says with a smile. "But i can stick around and look into the far-flung family. the only other thing I have on my agenda is to travel and take care of some leftover business with Prospero.

"Have you figured out what the deal is with the crazy colored eyes of these people? Some sort of Shadow-taint or the result of magic gone wrong?"
Reena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Thu May 31, 2012 4:25 pm

"Ah yeah--those cousins went off on their own, pursuing a different line of inquiry. Mint and Winnow as a matter of fact. Aiden and Karlsen are with a newcommer, Fergus. He's got those same odd eyes. Nice enough guy. A bit odd. As far as anyone can tell, and this is after considerable thought, Fiona and other others have decided the different colored eyes can technically be called one of those things." Bleys laughs. "But anything you can learn, go for it. If you've got anything pressing, though, I don't suppose this mystery is going away anytime soon."
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:59 am

"So this Fergus guy; do we suspect he is one of them? How did he join up on our side?"
Reena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 am

"Fergus' is a strange tale, mostly discovered by Benedict and Gerard. There's a Shadow a bunch of us used to visit for holidays. Called Nexus. Fun spot, you might like it. One of the local governments there take some prophecies seriously and locked up the boy when he was an infant. They said he'd destroy the world, but that it'd be even worse if he didn't die a natural death. Since they're basically a civilized bunch, this government educated him and kept him healthy but Benedict in particular found clues to indicate he was of Oberon's blood. Which of us might be his parent remains so far unknown. Could be almost anyone except maybe Brand or Corwin. I myself don't believe it to be Gerard, at least not knowingly, because he couldn't keep that kind of thing a secret for long. Benedict wouldn't, not without a very good reason. I know it wasn't me, and I believe Fiona when she says it wasn't her. Can't see a reason for your Dad not to fess up. Ditto Flora. And for some reason I don't suspect Random. Which leaves Eric, Julian, Llewella or Dierdre."

"Fergus seems very bright. Looks at things technologically, believes in democracy and the equality of man, is seriously under-socialized but tries hard to mask it. Is really grateful Gerard and Benedict rescued him, but finds Amber pretty weird. Understandably. I can give you directions to Nexus if you like? That's where he and Aiden and Karlsen are now."
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:07 pm

"Sure, give me the directions. Maybe I'll head out there one day. But I'll try to stick close to Fernand here for a while and learn a bit more about the other family. Then I should look into some of the stuff Prospero was going on about."
Reena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Bleys gives directions to Nexus which make sense to any Shadow-walker. Reena feels sure now she can get there. "Anything else? If not, I've got errands to see, people to do. You know the drill!"
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm

"Nothing else for now, Uncle B. If I stumble across anything of Amber-shattering importance I'll give you a call."

With the Trump connection to Bleys closed Reena strips and prepares to sleep. Too much action for one day. And not my usual beating-up-on-the-shadow-yokels type of fun. Let's see if I can learn anything new from Fernand tomorrow

Before laying down she stashes her dagger under her pillow and props her sword by the nightstand. Just in case she thinks drowsing off to sleep.
Reena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:27 pm

David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content