The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Merewives (Triton)

3 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Real Merewives (Triton) - Page 7 Empty Re: Real Merewives (Triton)

Post  Triton Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 am

Triton shrugs when Mint looks his way.

"I have no idea what mark Thymm is talking about, but apparently it's a good thing. So you can see, we are well equipped for this. Now, what are you two ladies giving each other looks about?"
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Sister Mircalla gives a quick look up to Triton and then Mint. Then back at Triton. "I have nothing to say at this time."
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Mint shrugs. "I know things that I am not supposed to know... again. It has rapidly become a habit."

That said Mint digs into her meal with gusto.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:34 am

"Women keeping secrets.....how shocking," Triton laughs, "Don't worry Sylvia, I am sure they will tell you soon. They just don't want me and Thymm around for the gossip. It's not like they are hiding important information to this life threatening quest or anything."

Triton continues to laugh as he eats his meal.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:29 pm

"Give a cousin a minute to eat before you slander her sex, will you Triton." Says Mint.

After a few more mouthfuls she continues.

"Timm I have begun researching a spell which I have hopes one might use to contact the Merewives from a safe distance. I can share my notes with you before I leave and you might have some ideas yourself."

Mint takes a sip and smiles at the vintage.

"The Onyx empire is a collection of Shadows not far from Amber, but formerly quite well hidden. I have seen the storm of the Merewives at a great distance from one of their islands, Farmouth. I did inform the locals of the existence of and threat of the Merewives because they have a law against failing to inform them about threats to their empire. I decided to play nice and obey the local laws during my visit. Well I played nice, mostly. A foolish Tiger man named Sue Rengay provoked me and now owes me a duel. I would have fought him then and there, but his duel with Leontes takes precedence. Titania is queen of Onyx, but she's in the middle of the power nap from hell. She apparently sleeps for years at a stretch. So Leontes is Prince regent. Obviously King Random and Queen Moire will have to have people sort out the diplomatic situation with this Onyx empire, but decisions such as that get made above my pay grade. Oh and Titania is mother to Josette, Isabel, and Fernand for what that is worth."

At that Mint goes back to munching on her food.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Sister Mircalla listens to all this with bright eyes, and something of a smile on her lips. "If I may, Lady Mint," she says, "I recommend that when you meet Fernand or Josette, you inform them of what you know of their family. While I cannot reveal why, that path would carry with it the most long term benefits. Or so it seems to me."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:29 pm

"Good Sister, I am always open to hearing wise counsel from those who know a situation better than I, even when they are not otherwise free to speak their minds. Thank you. Barring any orders to the contrary I shall do this very thing which you recommend."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:48 am

Triton laughs at his cousin's reply and gives her a nod of approval. Then he sits back and listens as the ladies talk of Onyx and families.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Mint meanwhile has said her piece and unless someone else says something of note she will make small talk and of course compliment the food and drink.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 pm

"Never been to Uberwald," mentions Lady Sylvia. Her dish consists of a kind of stew that at first resembles beefsteak tartar with a kind of black gravy. Doesn't take too long to figure out the "gravy" is a version of black pudding--mostly blood and herbs boiled with a handful of grain. Animal, hopefully. "All mountains and dales and deep forests next to rocky shores, is that right?"

"Fairly precise," says Sister Mircalla, "at least as far as the geography. We're situated near several areas where Shadows naturally blend into one another, so the one major city is very cosmopolitan as opposed to the rest of the country."

"Then therre's th' Shrine," Thymm says between bites. For such a thin man he proves able to pack rather a lot of food.

"Yes," says Sister Mircalla, "for centuries the Shrine has been in the keeping of my Sisterhood--a waterfall where the Unicorn herself appeared to the Order's founder. Every day the sick and weary form lines to bathe in its waters. Many are cured."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Mint looks confused. "I thought this was Uberwald? I have clearly spent too much time in forest and barracks and too little in traveling the Circle."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:19 am

"I think that is my fault cousin, we are in Gont. I have a hard time caring enough to pay attention to such things. Luckily we are letting Lady Sylvia navigate on this quest," he smiles.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:32 am

"My first time in Gont, and I am already spoiled for the remainder of the nation by the quality of company that I have found in my short time here. On this visit I lack time to see the rest, but at least I will have dined with the best."

Mint is making her way through her meal with military efficiency.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:18 am

"We too are happy to have you. May I ask, is the restaurant on fire? You seem to be eating at a rather hurried pace."
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 am

"Oh."

Mint slows the pace of her meal to a more casual level.

"I'm more used to field rations than fine dining."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:09 pm

"We have very long lives ahead of us cousin. Enjoying the little things is part of what will make it a fun ride," Triton smiles.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Mint smiles. She has nothing of substance to add at this time, but she will make polite small talk.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm

"So," says Thymm the Enchanter, "you have some idea, do ye, of wherre we'll end up in following the ways of the merrewives? I myself manage' to trrack enough o' theirr jourrney to see the dirrection they'rre headed. Righ' into an arrea nex'-to-no one everr goes anyway! So forr all intents and purrposes we'rre goin' in blind! Lady Sylvia herre, she's so old the thrreat is interrestin' rratherr than scarrey. Meself, I can make myself absen' prretty easily if need be. Yon Sisterr Mirrcalla is simply brrave and wants to do good, plus she needs to get away frrom home forr a bi'. Then therre's Prrince Trriton, who says he's doing his job. Wha' do you think of ourr chances, Lady Min'? Do you have any advice?"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:40 pm

"Chances? Of finding them? Reasonable enough. Winnow managed to make his way there and back and you..."Mint nods to Triton, "...are no slouch in the family's power."

"Of avoiding confrontation? No clue. I was lucky enough to have the safety of an island when they passed in the distance. If things had gone otherwise? Well, they didn't and I see no need to waste time on the hypothetical. If you manage to stay land bound and distant as I did then you may miss the worst of it."

"Of surviving if things go wrong? I would not bet a wooden royal on that. Despite your rather impressive array of abilities, I still think that your only chance lies in avoiding confrontation."

"Of returning? Who can say? Even if the merewives cause you no trouble the locals very well may. I suggest listening to the good sister in any such situation as she likely has insights. I would suggest treating Prince Regent Leontes, and if his mother wakes, Queen Titania with great caution. They and their close kin may well have power comparable to that of my cousins or even uncles. The Queen particularly leaves me cautious. Never underestimate a skilled sorceress in her place of power."

"As to advice, since you will not turn back, I suggest consulting with Winnow about the route and any advice on how to best use pattern to navigate this path between places. Use long distance scrying to find the storm of the merewives and to place yourselves on land when it is near. Obey the local laws and avoid all fighting other than a legal duel. Their self defense laws are crap. As to changing the course of the Merewives, I suggest that you don't even try. Amber has done just fine avoiding them for ages. I say map their new paths and let them be."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:16 am

"Cousin, you're missing all the fun points. It's almost like you want us to avoid them all together. Now, what kind of an adventure would that be?" Triton laughs.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:21 am

"The kind where you lovely folks all return home safe and sound." Mint says.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:43 pm

"Been there done that. It's time to spice things up. Besides, we'll be fine. Thymm will protect us. Right Thymm?" Triton smiles.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Mint wipes her mouth with her napkin, drops the napkin, and steps away from the table.

"Clearly I can't dissuade you. I might be able to stop you..."

Mint sighs.

"...but that would cause far too many diplomatic problems. So all I can do is wish you all well and take my leave. May the strange seas bring each and every one of you back home to familiar waters."

Mint retrieves her Trump deck from her pouch and starts looking through it for a card.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 am

"You sure you don't wanna come with us cousin? It's gonna be a blast," Triton winks.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 pm

"Oh, I want to cousin. If I came with you I might prove the one factor that saves your lives. Unfortunately I have other duties."

Mint finds the card she wants and starts to step out of the room.

(OOC: I'm giving David a chance to have any of the NPCs say or do anything before Mint leaves. David, if they say nothing and let her leave then let me know that and I will start the Trump call in the appropriate thread.)
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next