The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into The Woods (Mint, the Kier)

4 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Into The Woods (Mint, the Kier) - Page 9 Empty Re: Into The Woods (Mint, the Kier)

Post  Mint Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:58 am

Fergus?!?
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Into The Woods (Mint, the Kier) - Page 9 Empty Re: Into The Woods (Mint, the Kier)

Post  David Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Random replies "Some of Queen Moire's ancestors were especially ruthless. And stubborn."

Vialle notes "As it happens, a few unions between the two royal families did result in some children. Deirdre and Corwin both have children in Rebma, and Random has a sister who is Queen Moire's niece."

"And there's Martin," adds Fiona.

"Yes," agrees Vialle without any sign of embarassment. "He's wandering in Shadow at the moment, but its barely possible he might return in time for the ball. I hope you two will attend? You of course don't have to, but it would probably be a good idea."
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:58 pm

"Oh please. May we attend?"

"Um."

"May we attend, your majesties?"
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:17 pm

"You'll be the guests of honor--well, some of them," says Random. "Actually, its also the official birthday ball for Crown Prince Llyr, who's a more quiet sort. He really doesn't like all the fuss and feathers of official functions so by introducing all of you at the same time, we're taking some of the pressure off of him as well as easing the rest of you into courtly life. Queen Moire will feel we owe her a favor--which is true enough--while the event will now attract even more of Amber's nobility. Should be fun!"

"Or spectacularly dull," adds Fiona, lifting one eyebrow.

"With all the characters attending," Random replies? "I think we'll be lucky not to have a duel by the end of the night. Oh!" He almost snaps his fingers. Almost. "We'll need to get you some tailors! Long flowing robes are not practical in Rebma. Minimal dress is more the rule. Julian tells me your masks are very important to you. No problem there. But we'll need to get you some more appropriate clothes for underwater. And we've put aside a suite of rooms for while you're here. I hope you don't mind having Eric's old digs?"

Vialle chimes in. "Mint, it occurs to me you haven't heard of our new arrival, Fergus. Benedict found him and Gerard retrieved the young man from a prison in a Shadow called Nexus. Some religious dispute or other. We're not even sure of his parentage, not yet, but Benedict is quite positive he's of Oberon's blood. He's quite nice, but still adjusting. Winnow has been showing him around."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:44 pm

King Random wrote: He really doesn't like all the fuss and feathers of official functions "

Underwater and they have feathers?

King Random wrote: Minimal dress is more the rule.

Looking to his sister with some concern in his eyes "Thank you Unc, er, your majesty. I'm sure your tailors will be able to find suitable...attire for us."

We must chat dear one, this will not go over well I have a feeling.

Looking to Queen Vidalle Her eyes are the same still, but the shoulders seem different. Random's thinner then I recall also.
Kieran
Kieran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Thinking in response, Some of the higher tech shadows have underwater attire. Very form fitting, but would still be concealing enough for us. Adding gloves, watersocks, a hood and our masks, and we'll be fine. In Father's red and black colors, of course.

Into The Woods (Mint, the Kier) - Page 9 Mares-Trilastic-Deluxe-Wetsuit
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:53 pm

David wrote:Vialle chimes in. "Mint, it occurs to me you haven't heard of our new arrival, Fergus. Benedict found him and Gerard retrieved the young man from a prison in a Shadow called Nexus. Some religious dispute or other. We're not even sure of his parentage, not yet, but Benedict is quite positive he's of Oberon's blood. He's quite nice, but still adjusting. Winnow has been showing him around."

Mint bows to Vialle." I look forward to the opportunity to meet him, your majesty." I wouldn't mind sparring with Winnow either. He looks like a challenge.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:54 am

Form fitting? That's a brilliant idea. Show off the wriggling of the blood worms to all and sundry. Don't try to hard to get yourselves killed. Not a lot of love for shape shifters around here. Wriggling under the skin comes too close for most. I wonder how much time we have to get ready? Bad enough I had to present before the bosses looking like something Morgenstern dragged in after chewing on it a bit. I wonder if Winnow got a party when he showed up? Will his majesty even ask the twins any real questions? I wonder if the hood hides how bad my hair looks? I know that you should take off your hat in front of royalty, but does a hood count? King Random doesn't care, but the courtiers notice everything. I don't want to look disrespectful.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Random suddenly adds, "Mint, consider yourself a guest of honor as well. For that matter, we might like to see if Reena and Aiden might want to attend. Probably not. Too stuffy for their tastes. But we can ask." He turns to the Keir. "Those are Caine's children. Two different mothers, remarkably similar people though. In some ways."

Fiona speaks up, "Well in that case we'll need to get a nice dress for Mint. Unless she wants to wear a full dress military uniform? Either way, something equal to the occasion!"

The King nods. "Good idea!"

Vialle adds "Unfortunately, Random and I have calls upon our time but if the Lord Chamberlain would be so kind as to show our new Niece and Nephew to their apartments? We'll have lots of time to get to know one another."

"And Fiona," says Random, "you can get Mint settled. Julian already granted you an extended leave for the next week or so. Relax around the castle for a bit. If you like, show Kieran and Kierrenne around. Get ready for the ball! Who knows, you might even catch Prince Llyr's eye!"

"Just try to avoid his brother's," whispered Fiona, loud enough for anyone to hear. Small wonder. Llyr's reputation is of a regular Prince Charming--studious, handsome, courteous to a fault. Triton on the other hand is renowned as the wild one of Rebman royals.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:45 pm

"Thank you your majesties." At least someone is suggesting I date someone outside of blood kin, thank the Unicorn.

Taking Randoms comments as dismissal, Mint will once again kneel and bow before departing.

Sometimes it almost seems like they can read my mind. Nah. I'm imagining things
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Fiona slips her arm into Mint's as they exit. Once in the hallway and en route to some apartments worthy of a member of the Royal Family, Fiona confides a few things to Mint. "Don't worry. Random is sneakier than you know. He was in Trump contact with me the whole time I interviewed those two, and now we can watch how they react to things, see what happens when their masks slip--so to speak--and if they prove a threat, well we know where they are."

She shrugs. "Me, I just hope they end up enlivening some of the more boring balls. We had one a few days ago. Dull as porridge. Found myself glad to have Random play the drums with that jazz band he brought it, just to see the looks on some courtier's faces. I even ended up insulting someone just for fun!"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Mint wrote:Form fitting? That's a brilliant idea. Show off the wriggling of the blood worms to all and sundry. Don't try to hard to get yourselves killed. Not a lot of love for shape shifters around here. Wriggling under the skin comes too close for most.

OOC - quarter-inch thick rubberized form fitting stuff. Subtle stuff like the worms shouldn't be visible. I hope.

Mint wrote:I know that you should take off your hat in front of royalty, but does a hood count? King Random doesn't care, but the courtiers notice everything. I don't want to look disrespectful.

OOC - the requirement to remove hats only applies to males. Females tended to have their hats attached, not just resting on their heads. So they weren't required to remove them.

Kierenne listens to the talk of Rebman nobles, wondering if they were as fragile as other humans. If there's a race that can withstand the pressure down there, outside the enchantment, they must be at least a little bit sturdy...

"Yes, Lord Chaimberlain, please show us to our Father's chambers." Her tone brightens, since her smile is hidden by the mask, "Oh, can you see the sky from there? I so wish to stare at the sky."
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 pm

"Right this way, Your Hignesses," he says leading the way. "Oh, yes--Prince Eric's apartments include windows as well as a lovely terrace." As if to make that point clearer, the three soon come to a beautiful but simple staircase that rises for multiple floors. "The decor is in the very same colors you yourselves demonstrate. Not that, heh heh, that is likely to be much of a coincidence. As it happens, from the terrace your father's tomb is quite visible. People still leave flower offerings regularly there. Overall a popular ruler was Prince Eric. That he died defending the realm only added to the allure of course. Nearby you can find the tomb of his full sister, Princess Deirdre. Or I should say cenotaph, given that her body was never recovered? Fresh flowers are delivered there every day, a long-standing order by Prince Corwin. And of course then there's the cenotaph of King Oberon. No one knows where his body lies, save Dworkin who will not say."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kieran Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Insufferable. I must take it from his siblings, but not from a commoner...

"You must show me which of the royal crypts belonged to Father. I have long wished to visit the royal tomb of King Eric."

Taking his sisters hand in his "Let us be off then. It has been a long day, I feel a need to be. Refreshed."
Kieran
Kieran

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Methinks this is an excellent place to finish this specific prelude. You guys have been GREAT!
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9