The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Characters in Other Games

3 posters

Go down

Other Characters in Other Games Empty Other Characters in Other Games

Post  Mint Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:34 pm

I play Lydia in an ongoing Amberish game called Aurellis. Some stuff happens online, but a lot of it happens at Ambercons.

I play Tempest, a Trump artist with an obscene amount of Warfare, who in recent months has learned how to fight, turned 18, and studied Trump with Ghostwheel. Yes, when I started playing her she had no idea how to fight. She used her warfare for Parkour and computer hacking.

What other characters do people here play in other games.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Other Characters in Other Games Empty Re: Other Characters in Other Games

Post  Xue Ren'gui Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:01 pm

<tangent>Hacking as a Warfare attribute? That's kind of a spiffy way of looking at it. I never would have thought of that, actually.

It kind of opens some ideas, though. There was a moment when Kierenne might have tried to put some medical attention on someone, but I had no clue if she knew how... it had never come up. But it totally makes sense that, at least in Corwin's story, his doctorin' days were all as a subset of his soldierin' days. So game mechanics would easily include basic medicine under warfare.

Off the top of my head, I can't really think of any knowledge / skills (other than unarmed combat) that would flow from the other stats, but there's probably lots of stuff that would flow from Warfare. Gambling in general, driving, seduction... gawd, the mind boggles. Almost anything that could be considered adversarial might fall under that.</tangent>

This is my only Amber game. I am in an play-by-post D&D game, though the GM has been having life issues recently, and we've kind of hit a lul. I'm a Scout who blew a wish to be transformed into a wemic (lion centaur). I'm the only non-flier in the party, but I have an obscene run speed, and I recently picked up the climb ability. And it looks like we're going to be spending a lot of time in a dense jungle, so I can run around on the branches with more speed and maneuverability than any of the fliers can.
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 pm

I am playing Xu Liang over in the One Dark Path Forum. He was my original character I wanted to use in this game, but I didn't get in the initial start. So while looking around I found the Echoes of the Storm game. Xu is based on Zhuge Liang from the warring states period in China (Karlsen is very loosly based off Guan Yu from the same period). He is the newest arrival in that game and learning all that he can. He is a formadable fighter who is reluctant to fight because of events in his shadow before his arrival in Amber. Now he focuses on his Sorcerous skills as there is more of a need for those skills there. If you are interested:

http://www.onedarkpath.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=180

I'm also playing in a Lone Wolf game that is barely moving. I am play a very reluctant Kai Lord. I think I might become the Anikin Skywalker or Lex Luthor of that world. LOL
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum