The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggest an NPC

+3
Aiden
Mint
David
7 posters

Go down

Suggest an NPC Empty Suggest an NPC

Post  David Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:42 pm

If you have an idea, a concept, you think would make a nice addition to the world of the game, make your pitch here. Yes, if the NPC you suggest is useful enough, entertaining enough this might well earn you a point or even two. Cool
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Suggest an NPC Empty Re: Suggest an NPC

Post  Mint Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am

With Julian missing, his second in command may become important

Commander Diana of the Rangers.

Commander Diana reports directly to Julian and serves as his second in command leading the Rangers when Julian's duties take him away from the Arden.

Julian recruited Diana from Shadow over a century ago and she has not aged visibly in that time. She achieved her current rank during the Great War due to the massive losses that Julian's Ranger's suffered fighting the multiple incursions out of Shadow.

While not as competent as Julian or Mint, Diana has Strength and Reflexes far beyond the human norm. She is equally deadly with sword, spear, or crossbow. Much like Julian, Diana prefers to lead by example inspiring the Rangers by taking on the greatest threats alongside her subordinates. Diana has the strength of will to activate a Trump and possesses Trumps of Commander Julian, Mint, and General Benedict as well as several of locations in and near the Arden including one of Amber.

Diana is a tall amazon of a woman nearly 6 foot 6 inches tall with long raven black hair. She is muscular and well proportioned. She has a fierce beauty and unrelenting confidence. She always wears twin bracers on her forearms made of an unusual metal native to her home world.

Despite rumors, Diana does not fraternize with any in her chain of command. In her free time she prefers the company of women, but does not have a long term partner.

In addition to exceptional skills in combat, tracking, leadership and tactics, Diana has a truly phenomenal skill as an interrogator getting the truth out of even the most recalcitrant prisoners. She also has a fair amount of empathy finding it easy to establish a good rapport with most persons or animals.

Her horse, Comet, while exceptional does not compare to Morganstern. She knows how to command Julian's Hawks and Hounds and may do so in his absence.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:45 am

Speaking of which. I finally got to see the story of the Wonder Woman character last year - I had never read the comics before. The recent (this millenium) DC Animated Universe movies and series have been pretty damn good...drawing, voice-work, dialog, storylines are all top notch. Sooo much better than the Superfriends show we had as kids. cheers
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:50 am

I like Commander Diana. Cool
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks. I picked her in part because she shares the name of the Roman goddess of the hunt. Bonus geek points if anyone recognizes where I got the name of her horse without resorting to Google.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 pm

The horse is named after a reindeer?? Razz
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:44 pm

No, definitely a horse. Curiously enough both Comets possess the ability to fly.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Welp, I guessed it was the old horse from those 1920s films that would jump off a platform into the ocean.

Then I checked google, and saw that I was entirely wrong. But I won't reveal the answer and spoil it for others who want to guess.
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm afraid I couldn't guess so had to look it up. I was thinking of all the famous horses that general's had throughout history but couldn't find a match. I was obviously going completely down the wrong track.
Fergus
Fergus

http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Wrong type of legionnaire, but a good guess nonetheless.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Of course, of course! Cool
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Wasn't Comet the name of Superman's horse?
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:22 pm

David wrote:Wasn't Comet the name of Superman's horse?

Supergirl's horse actually, but close enough. Check the link above. Also a member of the Legion of Super Pets.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:25 pm

Though really, if you're a horse with Superman's / Supergirl's powers, you gotta wonder why you'd let yourself be delegated to "pet" status.

In a quiet nod to Felicia Day, one must wonder if Bad Horse is such a being who decided to stop being an Uncle Tom, and step up to his potential.
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Winnow Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 am

Comet was also the name of Brisco County, Jr.'s horse in the eponymous series. Bruce Campbell. Before its time - kind of something between "Wild Wild West" and "Cowboys and Aliens."
Winnow
Winnow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum