The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somewhere Under The Rainbow (Triton)

2 posters

Go down

Somewhere Under The Rainbow (Triton) Empty Somewhere Under The Rainbow (Triton)

Post  David Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:46 pm

The stormfront which marks the edge of the merewives' influence continues upon its course, the Visarian ship following, beneath and then beyond the rainbow. Prince Triton himself, being a sea dweller, senses some subtle shift in the waters--a difference in hue or smell he cannot quite put his finger upon.

But the merewives move forward. Their wall of gales seems to take no accounting of the winds. Why should it? This is no natural weather, but a side effect of the presence of these strange beings. Perhaps something they summon, or maybe that which arises out of their being. Who's to say?

The rainbow shows no sign of fading as the Visarian ship passes it. Distance makes it vanish behind them in time. Eventually the sun begins to set. Sure enough, the stars here are not those Triton expected. The ship's handlers are unhappy at this, to say the least. When Lady Sylvia comes on deck, they seek permission to weigh anchor until they can better learn the hazards of this unknown sea.

Lady Sylvia asks Prince Triton his opinion.
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Somewhere Under The Rainbow (Triton) Empty Re: Somewhere Under The Rainbow (Triton)

Post  Triton Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:13 am

"Good evening Lady Sylvia, I hope you slept well. I am sad to report that you just missed the biggest rainbow I have ever seen. It was quite breathtaking. As for the rest, it's hard to say."

Triton looks back behind the storm. He is trying to make out the stars far behind them. Are they the same? Has the ship been taken through shadow or is it just in a pocket of shadow that surrounds the merewives. He can't remember any of the legends talking about such a thing.

"As for our current situation, I believe we have been moved through shadow. I do not think it was intentional. The merewives themselves might be so powerful that their very presence alters shadow around them. Perhaps your eyes are good enough to see the path behind us. Have the stars shifted there are well?"
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Somewhere Under The Rainbow (Triton) Empty Re: Somewhere Under The Rainbow (Triton)

Post  David Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Lady Sylvia gazes aft and replies "The stars are not what they were. On the other hand, as I understood it, the merewives were headed for what might be a natural opening in Shadow. No one is sure. Which does not of course negate your theory."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 am

"That too could be it. I wonder if..."

Triton focuses for a second on shadow. He doesn't want to shift them away, but rather tug on the strings of reality and see if he can play with them. Is this disturbance locked by the power of the merewives or are they merely passing through.

Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:26 pm

What he senses is...odd.

In general he is in Shadow and it feels exactly as it should. But he also senses not one but two sources of interference. One has a direction, clearly emanating from the merewives. But that remains barely perceptible. Subtler, but stronger (although still very weak) he senses another interference, like a jarring note. But he cannot say from where it comes. It feels...everywhere.

But faint.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 am

"Interesting. It seems there are multiple forces playing with shadow here. Not just the merewives, but also something else. Thymm might be right, this could be where the merewives are heading. After this disturbance. I have never felt anything quite like it. Unfortunately I cannot pinpoint from where it is coming. But if there merewives stop, we will know that we have arrived."

Triton looks back up into the sky, letting his senses open up, as he becomes familiar with this odd presence.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down