The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakfast (Winnow and Fergus)

3 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Breakfast (Winnow and Fergus) - Page 6 Empty Re: Breakfast (Winnow and Fergus)

Post  Winnow Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Before he leaves Gerard, Winnow inquires privately of him whether Fergus is trusted enough to be left on his own about the palace, or should he be handed off to a minder - or in fact, did Gerard expect Winnow to stick close to him at all times?
Winnow
Winnow

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:26 pm

"Oh," says Gerard, thinking for a moment. He looks at Fergus before he speaks. Not a piercing look, little more than a glance. "Just watch out for him for most of today. After that, it is up to the pair of you. Fergus," he continues looking again at the newcommer, "Random just wants you to meet different folks, find your footing, get to know the place. Maybe no one's mentioned it, but your lifespan can last centuries barring accidents or violence. Take your time. But I've got to get back to the meeting. So you two just decide between yourselves how you want to spend the day."

He heads back between the curtain. A glimpse of some in fine clothes but green skin appears as the curtain closes behind him.

[OOC - forgot to include the Trump to Amber before...]

Breakfast (Winnow and Fergus) - Page 6 Castle12
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Fergus turns around on hearing Gerard call his name. No one had certainly mentioned that he could live for centuries. That would give him all the more time for the prophecy to be fufilled. A depressing thought. He needed to get this business sorted out as soon as he could else he'd be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

"So P-o-a Winnow. If we can just get to the Kitchen to sort out my penance then perhaps you can choose where we go after."

Fergus
Fergus

http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Winnow Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Not a clear answer; Hoa Gerah must be distracted. I will interpret that as he does not need to be watched every moment, and I am free after today.

Looking at Fergus, Winnow throttles the spark of irritation that threatens to become rage, rage that always lurks in the background of his soul.

It is not the mountain that defeats you; it is the rock in your shoe.

He recites a couple of quick koans to himself, centers his emotions, and smiles sincerely.

"Well, off to the kitchens then. They are that way. Find me in the gymnasium when you finish." Winnow nods, almost a bow, then departs for the gymnasium to spend as long as he can in solo martial art exercises, what is commonly called "kata," the name adopted from some Shadow tongue...Jackanese? Something like that.

He will perform the most meditative and relaxing of his reportoire from his homeland, trying to bleed off some of the tension of putting up with Fergus' bizarre attitudes and neuroses.

I think I could stand some of my wilder cousins' antics easier...
Winnow
Winnow

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 pm

I think this makes an excellent conclusion to the Prelude for Winnow and Fergus. Very many thanks! I hardly had to do anything! What a Face
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6