The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am your GM

4 posters

Go down

I am your GM Empty I am your GM

Post  David Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 pm

My name is David and I will be your GM this evening... king

You have a right to know what kind of GM I am. Mostly, in the past, I've run games for White Wolf's Vampire: The Masquerade both table-top and LARP. Other games I've played include D&D (way back in the day) as well as Kult and Call of Cthulhu. Plus, more recently, Amber. Lately I've been GM in a fair number of House Games (based on the White Wolf system).

I believe the purpose of RPGs is fun, achieved through mutual story-telling. Towards that end (and sometimes players have criticized me for this, albeit the vast majority do not) I don't like to kill PCs. In fact, I'll try not to. But, the other side of this is that I try to make them suffer in entertaining ways. Twisted Evil What I consider unforgivable is to allow boredom.

Other concerns: Balance. I want everyone to have a good time, so 'tis important everyone has something to do. Combat. Don't like it really, so I do my darnest to make combat scenes as short and as entertaining as I can manage. Drama. Gonna do my best to make sure every character ends up with extremely personal stakes in what happens. Mystery. From experience I know my stories can be figured out by the characters, but I also know it isn't that easy. Which is how I like it.

Never before have I run an Amber game, though I've been thinking about it literally for years. Only ever played the game twice, unfortunately. Read the first book when it initially came out (I was in my early teens) and have loved the series deeply. Personally preferred the First Chronicles over the Second, but still enjoyed the latter quite a bit.

What I ask of you is to post regularly (at least once or twice a week), to come up with an active, interesting character who has someplace to go, to play that character to the hilt, and to forgive my occasional stumbles along the way.

Thank you. Very Happy
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I am your GM Empty Re: I am your GM

Post  Fergus Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:47 am

I'd just like to wish David a happy Brithday today. I know birthdays get slightly less important as the years go on but still many happy returns!

Gavin
Fergus
Fergus

http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I am your GM Empty Re: I am your GM

Post  David Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:10 am

Thank you! Very Happy
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com