The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden)

3 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden) - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden)

Post  Aiden Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:15 am

Turning to face the monocled man. "I mean that the puzzle box is empty." Aiden says, watching the man very closely. Continuing, "As the contents of the artifact were not part of my agreement with Mr. Vandervoort, I took the liberty of removing what was inside - mainly due to its highly unusual and potentially dangerous nature. It is, of course, possible that you and I might come to some sort of arrangement regarding the object in question in the near future, but that would depend entirely upon what answers you are willing to give me."
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden) - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden)

Post  David Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 am

Aiden has never seen a stare as icy cold as that the monocled man now gave. "How very odd," he says at last, "you should admit to taking the artifact from the box. So many other options were available to you. Saying it was empty, replacing it with something else, delivering a different but near identical box in its stead, faking your own death or kidnapping, or simply vanishing while letting rumors of your demise spread. More, you could have claimed to others that you did give the box and its contents. The reputation you enjoy would have shielded you. Or you could have obeyed the terms of your contract, which--as I said--your reputation so clearly suggested would be the case. Why, therefore, do this? Of all things? You long for information, you say. Maybe. Certainly you demand answers. Answers to what? What are your questions? Tell me." He says all that smoothly, almost talking to himself. But the last two sentences come out louder, with a voice of authority behind them.

Mr. Vandervoort begins to sweat. "I swear to you, I thought..."

"No matter," the stranger interrupts him. "What are your questions?" he asks Aiden.
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 am

"Saying that the box was empty would have deceived no one. I would simply have allowed myself to appear foolish by implying that you are a fool, which is obviously not the case. As to the other possibilities, they were never an option. While others might be tricked into believing any of those things, the fact of the matter is that I would still know. As far as 'why should I have removed the contents of the box'? That's an easy one. Ordinarily I wouldn't, however the object in question represents a power that is unknown and therefore a possible threat to Amber herself. As I have allegiance to her crown, that question answers itself. But enough about me. As far as my questions go, to start with. These little items seem to be interesting to so may people as of late, I should like to hear the reasons for your interest,"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 am

"I'm not going to tell you the reason for my interest" is his reply. "Next question."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:14 am

"In that case, I withdraw any further questions for the time being." Looking at Mr. Vandervoort, he says, "Good afternoon, sir." While giving the monocled man a slight nod, Aiden adds, "See ya in the funny papers", and turns to walk away (Keeping half an eye on the stranger as he does so).
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:24 am

Mr. Vandervoort looks very nervous as Aiden leaves. The man with the monocle pays him no mind but watches Aiden--but as he does so, removes what looks like a large playing card from inside his vest pocket. Aiden can see--barely--the back has a red figure of some kind on a field of black.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:57 am

That's not good. This is already turning into a circus and I have a bad feeling some more clowns are on the way. Aiden pulls Mint's Trump from his pocket and concentrates on her image. Looks like it's a good time for me to exit, stage left....
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:48 am

As the contact forms Aiden sees the railing of a ship and vast ocean behind Mint.

"Oh, Cousin Aiden, I had not expected to hear from you so soon. Good news I hope."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:05 am

"Hey, love. Nice view," says Aiden catching the ocean behind her. "Hope you don't mind company," he says picking up his pace and looking behind him quickly, "I need a quick exit....Angry cyclops behind!"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:32 am

"Josette, Medraut, my cousin Aiden will appear. No harm is meant."

Mint adds through the contact, "Tis only polite to warn them. Don't worry we parley."

Then Mint reaches her hand through the contact to Aiden pulling him through.

Aiden will see Sister Mircalla and Triton standing near Mint and a group of three rough men, one with green skin, standing near an attractive brunette across the deck.

"Welcome to the Hippogriff cousin. Allow me to introduce Sister Mircalla. Sister Mircalla, my cousin Aiden, Lord of Amber."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Aiden turns and waves goodbye to the monocled man as he steps through the Trump. "Don't say it hasn't been fun..."

Continued on the Good Ship thread
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next