The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grrrl Talk (Mint)

2 posters

Go down

Grrrl Talk (Mint) Empty Grrrl Talk (Mint)

Post  David Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:48 pm

An upper balcony is available via a nearby staircase, this one with rather more privacy. "It does seem to be an inborn talent, does it not?" she asks. "To turn any social occasion into some kind of fight?"
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grrrl Talk (Mint) Empty Re: Grrrl Talk (Mint)

Post  Mint Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Mint deflates visibly. She sets aside her drink.

"If you wish to berate me I will offer no resistance. I have it coming. I certainly could have done more to prevent that or at least delay it to some other venue. Kieran and his sister hate me and as long as we are forced into proximity this will eventually come to blows. I don't want that, but if it must happen I want it to happen with witnesses and rules."

I don't want to have to kill a cousin, not even one as depraved as Kieran.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:00 pm

"Honesly," answers Llewella, "I cannot even muster the necessary energy to berate any of us right now. Let me ask you--do you really think either of these twins should have anything at all to do with sensitive matters, important matters? Your actions were a little silly, but theirs borders on the juvenile. No, I'm being too kind. They both act like charming twelve-year-olds."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:33 pm

"I would not trust them with anything important let alone vital, but I will admit my bias in that. This hatred of theirs started because I made it clear that I did not want to have sex with them. I didn't even say how I truly feel about incest, which would have no doubt provoked a fight then and there. And yes they have made it quite clear that they relate to each other as more than just brother and sister. Despite my forbearance Kierenne burst out into a clearing half naked and raving. I had even tried to simply deflect their inquiries, but when Kieran pushed for the truth I made the mistake of giving him what he asked for, albeit as gently as I could manage."

Mint looks at her drink, but does not pick it up.

"If you want the full and honest truth, I think they both need babysitters, not missions. I think that Kieran exerts an unhealthy influence on his sister. I think that Kierenne's extreme mood swings need evaluation by someone qualified to judge her mental health. I want to think that they both have the potential to mature into full and productive members of this family. I would like to see them each again in a decade to see how they have matured, but I would quite happily spend that time without the company of either. I also know that if I said even a tenth of that tonight that blood would have spilled and frankly if I have to hurt them I want to do so as little as necessary."

If necessary I will hurt them. If necessary I will kill them.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Lewella sighs. "You don't see the problem? They already have considerable powers at their disposal, coupled with the motive and emotional insecurity to do vast damage. The priority is genuinely earning or invoking in them an emotional investment from the pair of them. Or neutralize them somehow." She shakes her head.

"Your unenviable position is as one with the most experience around them. But, as you say, they seem to find you upsetting for some reason."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 pm

"If you want an emotional investment from them, get them laid. I'm serious. Their primary bonding strategy seems to be sexual, even with each other. I'm not sure who you might get for such a task. They seem rather concerned with the sturdiness of prospective mates. At the very least it would distract them for a time."

"Beyond that mentor them. Kierenne genuinely admires Aunt Fiona and has a strong interest in all things mystical. Kieran could use the discipline of Military life, perhaps the Navy with Caine or Gerard."

"They are used to taking orders from their Grandfather and thus respect older authority figures whereas they appear to have never had peers other than each other."

"Neutralizing them ultimately means disempowerment, imprisonment, or death. As to the first I have no idea how to accomplish that. The second will prove problematic as what could thwart one will not necessarily stymie the other. I mislike the final option."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:09 pm

"Exactly so," nods Lewella. "And your suggestions bear thinking on. Oh, and while I'm thinking on it--because this is a matter several of us keep mentioning--any idea where Julian might have got to? He's not the type to simply disappear."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 pm

"I have an idea, but..."

Mint stops and thinks for a moment.

"Actually I do have an idea which I can share. Commander Julian was seen in the vicinity of my room today. I found in my room a flower, which to the best of my knowledge only grows in Iv, the land where I grew up. I did not believe that Commander Julian knew the location of Iv, but if any one alive could follow my stale back trail and find that land, he could. If he left the flower, then he left it as a message telling me to go to Iv."

Mint bites her lip.

"I have hesitated to follow this lead for two reasons. First, I have had a rather busy day. Second, if Commander Julian did not send the Flowers then the remaining possibilities as to who might have sent it are my unknown mother and the menacing individual who chased me through Shadow for the better part of a year."

Mint's composure falters.

"I'm not sure which of the two scares me more."

Mint sighs.

"I suppose that I am done with this party. And I do not run from my fears,..."

Mint smiles a self deprecating smile.

"...at least not for very long."

Mint squares her shoulders.

"Thank you for listening. I did need to talk through this business with the Kier."

Mint produces the tiny wrapped package.

"Would you see to it that this gets to wherever gifts go? I spent a truly ridiculous number of hours making it and it seems a shame for Prince Llyr not to receive it."

Mint reaches beneath the back of her hair and extracts her Trump deck.

"If anyone asks you can tell them I went back to the Castle. It is at least a partial truth. I need to change clothes and deliver a few promised sketches there before I depart."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:54 pm

"May I offer a word of advice?" Lewella barely pauses, more or less assuming assent. "Wait one hour. Go and give your present. Dance one dance. Walk around and be seen in that lovely gown. Better to act without bitterness or regret. Enjoy the evening, for one hour. I can tell you, incidentally, Llyr is an excellent dancer--and would very much appreciate the company a pretty young woman, even if she isn't the one he most wishes to see. He's a good man. I think he will make a fine king one day. And he's an excellent listener. But--up to you. Although I'm over ten times your age and that might deserve some listening to." She touches her niece's arm and says softly. "Moments of joy. Never pass them by without a truly excellent reason."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:29 am

Mint smiles.

"Despite my reputation, I don't always do what I'm told, but this time I think I shall. Who knows what an hour may bring?"

Mint curtseys.

"Thank you again, my wise Aunt."

Mint turns and heads down to the party.

Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down