The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Princess Bides (Reena)

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Princess Bides (Reena) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Princess Bides (Reena)

Post  Reena Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Not the most loquacious of broads is she?

"Okay, just another couple of quick questions: are you descended from the royal family of Amber, and if so which of the princes or princesses is your ancestor?"

Maybe this time I will get more than a one word answer out of her.
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:41 pm

"Not to my knowledge," is her answer. "Although all the noble families of Uberwald live longer and heal faster than common folk. Some believe us descended from Oberon one way or another, but there's no evidence of it. And believe me, people have looked."
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 am

"Well Oberon must of had a family before his kids came along so maybe you're all distant cousins. They abilities you all possess do indicate you are above mere mortals."

I could ask about the Pattern but that might be striking to close to any secrets they want to keep. Best wait and see what they show on their own accord.

"I recognise this road. Are we heading to Fernand's residence?"
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Princess Valentine nods. "There is nowhere nearby safer. Now, kindly answer a question or two in return. Under what precise circumstances did you come to know Prince Fernand?"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:55 am

"I met him quite by accident. I had come across a 'crack' through Shadow. Following the trail to its end I landed in his mansion, in the room containing the Trump cards I mentioned earlier."
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm

She nods. "Over a dozen of those have opened up in the last decade, but at least they seem to have stabilized by now." Valentine pauses for a moment. "Have you come from Amber recently? Is there any special news from the Eternal City?"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 pm

"It has been a number of years since my last visit to Amber. I like the place but lure of other lands is too strong for me to return often or stay long. As for news, I have occasional contact with family members but for all we say the only real news is that our family continues to grow in numbers and power, Random rules and Gerard and Caine keep the seas safe.

"Is their any person in particular you were wanting an update about?"
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 pm

"My sister," she says. "She should have ended her state visit by now and be headed home. If someone attacked me, I frankly fear she might be the next target."

By now the carriage reaches the area where Reena had been a couple of hours before. The same fortified manse. Servants immediately help Valentine from the carriage and one, more official-looking that the others, promises to inform "His Lordship."

Valentine heads indoors.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Watching Valentine go into the mansion Reena asks the official-looking servant "So is a bodyguard allowed to follow the Princess in or should I begin the walk down the hill?"
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:25 pm

"I believe His Highness issued an open invitation to you," is his reply and he indicates you should follow the Princess.

Fernand is in the hallway outside the room where Valentine heads. The two immediately go into an embrace--a fierce one of comfort, trust and quite obvious love. Several moments pass before Fernand speaks. "I have sent Bill."

Valentine visibly relaxes a little at this news. After another few moments, she turns to Reena. "I believe you two have met."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Wed May 02, 2012 11:40 pm

"We met, not under the best circumstances, but we have become fast friends now. Wouldn't you agree Fernand?"

Thinking on Aiden's comments about the foes the family has been facing these last few days Reena now is keeping a close watch on Fernand and Valentine, looking for clues or signs of their potential as adversaries. If these people really are enemies of Amber it would be best if they can assume that I am ignorant of their true natures and that I am willing to ally myself with them. Just need to stay far enough away that I won't be condemned as a traitor by the rest of the family. O f course Bleys was working with them so this could be turning into a tangled mess of bluff, dark schemes, and betrayal.
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed May 02, 2012 11:55 pm

"Under some strange circumstances," agrees Fernand.

"She had the Guards start looking after Bob," says Valentine.

He nods, pleased at this news. "The real problem is," he begins.

"Who ordered this attack?" She finishes for him.

Fernand looks extremely serious, grim, and even sad as he utters a low, deep sigh. Valentine's reaction is to touch the side of his face. Their eyes meet, and Reena can see a little tension melt out of the man's shoulders. Then, they turn to Reena.

"My heartfelt thanks, Reena of Amber," says Fernand. "I am in your debt. What would you have of me."

Valentine does a little take at that, then a ghost of a smile appears on her lips.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Sat May 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Have of him? So much happening what would be best to choose?

"I would have an exchange. Things happening here would seem to be connected to other troubles my family is experiencing throughout Shadow. We could exchange cards," Reena pulls out her Trump deck and removes her card. "I will give you my card so you can contact me when you assailant strikes again. I'll take yours for when I need to return to Uberwald."
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Valentine looks ever-so-slightly disappointed. A subtle thing, as if Reena had just passed up an opportunity.

Fernand nods, and removes a deck from a pouch on his belt. He removes the Trump of himself and exchanges this with Reena for her own.

"The creature that attacked me was killed," notes Valentine. "Or maybe destroyed is a better description."

"What troubles assail you, Reena of Amber? You now have some hint of my own, a threat aimed at my lady here, but the purpose behind same is the real mystery. Why attack Valentine? I hope discerning the why might reveal the identity of whoever ordered it."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 am

"The only troubles that have assailed me are here in Uberwald. But many members of my family are under assault and all is connected to your family and this image of a crimson unicorn which seems to always be on display. Maybe your people and mine are both under siege from an outside force. Maybe your family fights amongst it's self and us children of Amber have been drawn in. The solutions will be found and punishment will be dealt out.

"And speaking of dealing your Trump reading showed an opponent, the man with the sword. Who is he? Could he be the one who launched the attack on Valentine?"

They want to find out the source of this assault? They'll have to hand over a few of their secrets first. Reena thinks.
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed May 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Fernand says "There are no possibilities I would welcome, but that one is perhaps the worst of all. So I cling to another, still painful but less terrible hope. And for now, that is all I may say about him." He gazes at Valentine. "Perhaps you should rest?"

She nods. "I am more tired than you know."

With a nod, Fernand leads her to a room and they share a brief kiss before she enters it. Then he turns to Reena. "I've offered you bed and board before. That offer I make again."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Wed May 09, 2012 6:59 pm

"Yes Fernand, I believe I will take you up on that offer.

"From what you know could your antagonist strike again this evening? Or was the energy expended on this afternoon's attack enough to prevent him, or her, from acting again so soon?"

Oh yeah, he wants me to stay. But he seems devoted to Valentine so what's his game? Should I expect to be captured, interrogated, or subjected to some mystic influence in the night? Or does he want to pamper a prospective ally? I'll stay and stay on guard for any shenanigans overnight.
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 pm

"To broach my defenses would not be an easy task," is his reply. "While it seems possible a second attack might take place, that would require planning. To do so without seeing my reaction to the attack strikes me as poor tactics." He leads her to a guest bedroom very close by. "An attack on my lady serves no purpose but to shape my actions. Whoever arranged for it no doubt left clues in order to further manipulate me. So, Reena of Amber, describe if you will what you saw of this attacker."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Thu May 10, 2012 12:46 am

"Well it seemed to be a construct. When I cut through it there was the feeling of different elemental forces arrayed within it. I have heard of magics summoned and bent to achieve that sort of effect but nothing I've seen has contained that much power. It was man-shaped, tall, armoured and carrying a sword and a mace. Their was evidence of burning in the areas it fought suggesting it was not only created with elemental forces but could also use them as weapons. Once I destroyed it the robes and gauntlets had a residual coldness to them."

Reena takes a seat on a small chair in the room and gestures for Fernand to sit down across from her.

"So, any idea of who could create and control something like that?"
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun May 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Fernand does not sit at first. "Yes," he says, lost in thought. "I will request the armor for examination. That may present a clue."

Now he sits. "So what are your intentions, Reena of Amber? You appear in my home, recognize something as uniquely valuable then seek to steal it from me. But you help my beloved, at a time when she most needed it. Some might presume your goal remains theft, lulling me into trust. Or that you have stumbled across a situation that seems vital, one you do not understand but seek to. Maybe you have already been recruited by whoever imperiled Valentine, a layered piece of plotting the like of which I've seen before now. Convince me which of these might be the truth."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Tue May 15, 2012 2:52 pm

"How can I prove a negative? Prove that I'm not a thief? Prove that I'm not a conspirator?"

Reena finds herself a little annoyed by the assumptions of this man. If he were an Amberite then his games may be more acceptable, but he is a minor lord in a Shadow realm.

"I will admit that my actions this day have been more reactive than part of any scheme. As you know I came across a discontinuity in the fabric of the worlds and upon following it to it's end found myself in your tower. These Trumps of yours as objects of power were potentially a cause or an effect of the 'crack' in space. Naturally I wished to study them to determine what, if any, link existed between the two.

"Now as to assisting Valentine, that was a matter of detecting another link between the events here and throughout other realms which have adversely affected my family. Protecting her was not only the right thing to do but also acted to thwart our mutual antagonist. Whatever the games and conspiracies you all play at around these parts, they have now involved the royal family of Amber and we will have payment in blood for the hurts inflicted upon us.

" I did vow to protect Valentine on her return to your home. Now that she is here my duty has been served and I will soon take my leave. You should spend this evening thinking on your role in the reckoning to come; would you stand as an ally of Amber and have her protection? Or would you hide out in this mansion while your enemies act against you?"

Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu May 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Fernand looks unimpressed. "You don't have to prove yourself other than a thief. What would be the point? I already know you to be one. That you are clearly more is the only reason I've treated you with respect. For your own edification, I am aware of Amber, and I know you cannot be more than Oberon's grandchild--transparently inexperienced, if talented, with at least some genuinely benevolent impulses. Some in...your...family cannot even claim that much. But you are welcome to sleep here. My servants would be glad to bring you food, wine, show you the way to my main library. There are even a few musicians on staff. In the morning, kindly sup with myself and Valentine. I'm sure we'll both have wiser words to say to one another." He bows and exits.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Mon May 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Reena laughs after Fernand leaves.

He considers himself too smart by half. Playing his games and collecting information while not revealing anything of his own. Not a game I'm looking to play any longer. Add to that his insults and disdain and now I'm feeling the need for vengeance. I didn't lie when I said my duty to these people is completed. It will soon be time for me to take my leave.

She pulls out her Trump deck and shuffles through the deck looking for Mint's image. I should try to get back in contact with M. She's always been good with the sword maybe she can be convinced to separate Fernand's head from the rest of his body. But first...

Reena takes out Fernands Trump. She compares it to the other white Unicorn backed cards checking for the cold feeling she expects from the cards and also the weight and stiffness of the card stock. When that is done she will also look to the image of Fernand and compare the artistic painting to those of the other cards in her deck. Does it appear that it was painted in the style of someone she knows?
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 pm

The Fernand card is in a style she in no way recognizes, however slightly.

Any attempt to reach Mint fails.

But then, Reena feels someone trying to contact her via Trump.

Bleys.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reena Thu May 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Recognizing Bleys' attempt to contact her by Trump surprises Reena. But only momentarily.

With everything else that has gone on today an uncle coming back from the dead is just another minor development.

"Uncle! You are looking well! How are things on your side of the Universe?"
Reena
Reena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next