The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Magic Shoppe (Karlsen, Fergus)

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ye Olde Magic Shoppe (Karlsen, Fergus) - Page 3 Empty Re: Ye Olde Magic Shoppe (Karlsen, Fergus)

Post  Fergus Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Ah so that is what that meaningless title means.

"I'm sure that you would rather not go back to your usual duties my friend, and I'd rather have someone I can trust. I must say I'm disappointed that no one wanted to spy on me. Still yes that is a good idea about Mr Horatio. It will be nice to get one or two over on him, given that he thinks that he is so clever in thinking he can get around me by trying to award me a title I do not yet deserve. I do not require any of the money for it Jorge, you can keep it all. Just the satisfaction that I can feed him whatever misinformation that I want, when I want will be sufficient for me. Of course the majority of what you tell him must be true, but just once or twice I'd like to make him look a complete idiot."

Fergus smiles as he begins to prepare breakfast, arranging all the cooking implements in a neat line in preparation for the cooking.

"I assume bacon and eggs with coffee be good for you my friend. I can't do anything fancy this morning as I need to get down to my cousin Karlsen's shop by nine."

Fergus cooks breakfast for Jorge and chats to him about the party the night before, before cleaning up and meticulously putting away all the cooking implements and pan.

"I'm probably going to be gone for a while after today back to the Nexus but you are welcome to use my room Jorge. Just make sure that you tidy away after yourself if you do."

"Now I must be off! I don't want to be late for my meeting with Lord Big Ears."
Fergus
Fergus

http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ye Olde Magic Shoppe (Karlsen, Fergus) - Page 3 Empty Re: Ye Olde Magic Shoppe (Karlsen, Fergus)

Post  David Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Jorge laughs a lot at the nickname.

[Note: A link will appear soon to where the story continues...]
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 am

Karlsen will finish up around 5:30, go to his townhouse. He shaves, washes and puts on his 'Castlewear'. It consists of loose spotless cream colored pants and shirt. The red and black leather jacket is now a better cut and has a bit wider gold trim. The sleeves end in loose openings with gold and cream swirling designs, but no lace. Over the coat a wide black belt with long black leather pieces that cover the hips and lower back with heavier leather that is tooled and inlayed with a gold design. His boots are comfortable black boots. He then picks up a large leather case. Into the case go his glasses case, his Trumps and his Swiss army knife and a small oilcloth of fine tools. He puts the strap over his head and hangs the bag behind him. He then goes to the rack above the bed and pulls down Blue Dragon. He examines it critically as if he is deciding whether to take it. Then he reaches behind the rack and withdraws a leather cover which he puts over the silvery blue steel.

The housekeeper looks at him as he walks out of his room. “Sir, you look like you will be leaving on a journey.” She asked, “May I ask how long you will be gone?”

“I do not know. Is everything in order? Is there sufficient funds in the accounts?”

“More than sufficient. Any special orders?”

“Yes, keep trying to acquire a chaos imbued magical item. Maybe if I am lucky I will come across one on my journey. Is your son well?”

“He seems determined to follow any skirt that doesn’t slap him. But his studies don’t seem to suffer for it.”

“That’s good. Tell him as long as he keeps learning eventually he will be able to keep a woman rather than chase them away.”

She chuckles at this. “And this is coming from someone who is still single despite some very beautiful and eligible women throwing themselves at you.”

He looks at her in mock indignation, “My learning has progressed past the keeping and to the running ahead of them until the right one catches me.”

She snorts. “Get on with you. I am sure you want to make it in time for breakfast.”

On his way out he fires a parting shot, “Shall I pass on the message to a certain eligible butler that you will be all alone tonight?”

“Like I’m never alone here? I could have a dozen lovers and you would never know.”

“I’m sure you could. I’d be lost without you. Fare well.”

She looks fondly after him and says, “You too sir.”

And so Karlesen strides with a spring in his step up to a restraunt he knows has take away breakfasts.

(I will assume that no one has told him that the meeting is at his place. He will arrive for the begining of breakfast. If they have told him somehow (Trump?) he will grumble a bit and pick up breakfast on the way to The Clockworks.)

Last edited by Karlsen on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 pm

A letter has arrived first thing in the morning. It bears the unicorn seal.

"My Dear Lord Karlsen,

The Princess Fiona has kept me informed of various and sundry events in the wake of last night's odd events in Rebma. Acting upon King Random's orders, I have invited your cousins Fergus and Aiden to your Clockworks at the ninth hour this morning. With them shall be your humble servant. Would you please be so kind as to meet with us at that time? I say frankly His Majesty hopes you would be of great help in solving some mysteries that have come to his attention.

With very great respect,

Horatio, Assistant MInister of State for Special Affairs.
"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm

David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 am

When they enter The Clockworks they will notice that it is considerably different than last night. now next to each bench are one or two people who are working on the machines on the benches. They are using various small detail assembly tools from the large boxes that were closed up the previous night. Now they are opened and many tools can be seen inside them.

From byond the wall at the back the sounds of a smithy in full operation can be heard faintly through the wall.

When they arrive they are immediately shown upstairs.

Karlsen is already there and a somewhat limited breakfast is layed out on a sideboard. What it lacks in variety it makes up for in quantity. Karlsen has already polished off one plate and is working on his second. He stands when they enter.

"Please help yourselves. I lack the variety or quality of the castle but I try to be a good host."
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:57 am

Fergus remembers the way that the coach took the night before to the Karlsen's workshop and he decides to walk. The distance is however a bit further than he anticipates as the coach took considerably less time as it's speed was somewhat faster than he could walk. The walk causes Fergus no problems however as he is young and fit.

It is the first time that Fergus has been out and about on his own in Amber and he takes his time to look about the people going about their business first thing in the morning. For him it is an entirely new experience and he enjoys watching the hustle and bustle of the morning rush. He has only seen people doing such things in Haven before on a Holo-TV show, but the experience in real life is very different, almost like moving from a 2D image to a 3D one.

He gets to the door of Karlsen's workshop and wonders what the protocol is. He reasons that since he has been invited here specifically that he should just go in, which he promptly does.
Fergus
Fergus

http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karlsen Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:32 am

The factory manager, a large man who would give a bear pause, comes over and knuckles his head politely. "Lord Karlsen is upstairs and he is expecting you." He turns to suggest the correct direction without implying that Fergus doesn't know the direction. He will walk with or behind Fergus depending on what Fergus's body language shows to be appropriate. (He knows the Royals are a touchy lot and shown a few of them upstairs. Not knowing Fergus he is doing his best to be helpful and deferential. Difficult for someone accustomed to giving most of the orders himself. Karlsen lets him have a mostly free hand running the day to day part of The Clockworks.) If Fergus shows interest in any of the machines he will gladly stop and talk about them and answer any questions that Fergus might have.
Karlsen
Karlsen

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:33 pm

[OOC - please continue this story in the thread via the link above. That is why I put it there.]
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3