The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Roads Again (Xue)

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

On The Roads Again (Xue) - Page 2 Empty Re: On The Roads Again (Xue)

Post  Xue Ren'gui Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 pm

"Actually, I had Xin pick up a couple sets of maps, today. One needs to go back to Capria, to show them the new routes through Shadow. But the other I was going to keep with us for the travel. You're welcome to use them, if we travel together."
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeland Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:28 pm

"I think that your mission sounds intriguing, perhaps a chance to learn more about movement between shadows. Do you have a large retinue that would be accompanying you?"
Leeland
Leeland

http://www.onedarkpath.com/forums/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 am

"There are ten of my countrymen in the Minion. Each of a size with me, give or take. We'll need to bring enough meat to feed us all, of course."
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:48 pm

A waiter comes and brings the two men an elaborate bottle. "Compliments of your friend," he says, pointing to a corner--then does a take. The corner in question contains no one. "Huh. That man makes cats sound like buffaloes in a glass shop," he mutters. "Anyway, he paid for a bottle of Reman Ale for the pair of you to do with as you like. If you haven't had any before now, be warned--got more than a sting it is tail. More like a huge barbed harpoon!" He grins. The elaborate bottle of thick, sturdy glass contains blue liquid. The scent is powerful, attractive and feels like sniffing it could deliver quite a nice buzz.

Xue has heard tale of Remans and their semi-legendary brews.
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:58 pm

[+10 GM Points for the Star Trek reference]

Xue sniffs at the air, but with the cooking fire and the food, he can't really discern anything about the supposed person from the corner.

"Can you describe this man?" he says warily to the waiter. "Reman Ale is too special to give away mysteriously."
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 pm

"Tall, thin, pale. Wore long dark robes but kept a hood up so I couldn't see his eyes. Cleanshaven, though, and with a long nose." The waiter shrugs as if to say That's All.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 pm

"And you didn't recognize him. Suspicious."
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:12 pm

"Lot of folks come through here, sir. Maybe you notice? We're a port? Now, he bought the stuff but didn't touch it, at least not so far as I know. Me, I thought maybe he fancied one of you. But that's none of my business."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeland Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Interesting. He looks at the bottle as he's unfamiliar with Reman ale. He speaks to the tender, "From your presentation I assume this is a fine vintage." Quietly to Xue, "From his description he sounds fairly distinctive, perhaps we can locate him and offer our ...thanks."
Leeland
Leeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:14 am

Xue gasps with mock surprise. "A hunt? I love hunts."

"Also, I am disinclined to rush into this ale. I feel like it should be saved for a special occasion."
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeland Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:36 am

Leeland nods in agreement. "The man can't have gone far, lets see if someone saw where he was headed. It would be best to find him before he loses his robes. What currency did he pay with?" Leeland has stood up and is prepared to depart.
Leeland
Leeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Xue follows suit, tossing some coin on the table, probably at least twice what he thinks the meal was worth just to be sure he's covered the whole bill. He moves to the door while Leeland questions the waiter more. "I should be easy to spot, amongst all these short humans. Look for me outside. Perhaps I can spot him before he rounds a corner." he says, as he ducks through the opening.

Once on the street, he looks around for any dark robes he might spot leaving the area. His nose also widens again, so that he can scan for any strong and strange scents. [He doesn't know this man's particular odor, but maybe there's something unique about him that Xue can pick up on. Or, maybe he'll hare off after somebody else's expensive perfume.]
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeland Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:37 pm

If the barkeep is willing to disclose the currency he was paid in Leeland will see if he recognizes it from his travels.

I think we're ruining this poor barkeeps day. Give someone a drink and get an interrogation. "If you do see our good friend again, I'd like you to select one of your fine ales as a thankyou. I'll leave the selection to you." Leeland hands the man coinage that is significantly more than needed. "I have so few friends in this part of the world, if you see or hear from him or think of anything else. Send word to the Peregrinus and it will be more than worth your while."
Leeland
Leeland

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Leeland recognizes the coin. He's seen a few before now--a galleon from a place called Cattrany, a prosperous kingdom he's heard of but never visited. Their money is generally viewed as excellent in quality, not least because Cattrany is a wealthy and prosperous Dukedom. His impression is that it isn't far from where they are now, but hadn't really considered going there until now. No particular reason. Cattrany is one of sever a semi-independent parts of a larger Kingdom whose Dukes don't always pay particular homage to their titular monarch. The Cattrenes themselves are said to be an equal mix, warlike and mercantile. A lush, beautiful land dotted with seaports. The coin itself shows the Duke's personal badge--a sleeping lion.

Xue can see various people wearing long dark robes. If he checks, none seem to match the description given by the barkeep. If he tries to find some unusual scent, he'll find there are too many with which he is unfamiliar. Little help there. Look around, he'll see one of his cohorts chatting with a well-dressed man in long blue robes. Those robes have a silver sigil woven into the thread, a sleeping lion. Xue can hear the well-dressed man talking "One of our land's great claims to fame! The sleeping lion represents Justice, a rare and wonderful blade in the keeping of the Ducal House. Legend says any unworthy of Justice who dare to wield it shall die on their first attempt. Truth to tell it has remained untouched for over half a millennium, since a series of seemingly formidable warriors each died upon trying to use the thing. Fascinating stuff! Well," he says with a chuckle, "to us anyway. Not really a magic sword you understand, but one bound up with destiny, with fate."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Xue approaches his man [Let's call him Feng.] and says to the blue cloaked man, "Excuse me friend, might I borrow Feng for a moment?" Then, without waiting for an answer, he says to Feng, "Did you notice someone leaving that building, black robes, pale skin, clean shaven, slightly less short than the rest here?"
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 am

Nope. Feng says he was asking this guy in blue about the cat emblem he was wearing. Seems next to everyone where he comes from parades around this sigil every chance they get. Like a fetish. Or a totem.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 am

"Well, I'm terribly sorry to have interrupted. Please, carry on." says the big man, while wandering farther from the restaurant looking for people who match.

Magic swords? Feh. That's not where true power is.
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeland Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 am

Leeland will depart the inn and look for Xue. If he had any luck finding some of his crew he'll set a few unlucky ones to finding if their are any recently arrived ships from Cattrany.

"Any luck?" Leeland will say when he finds Xue. "He paid with currency from Cattrany, I don't know how much that narrows things down here in Farmouth. I've never been there, have you?"
Leeland
Leeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:39 pm

[Hopefully Feng or the blue-cloaked man will recognize Cattrany. OOC, I'm guessing that's where he's from.]

"I've never been anywhere, except here and Caspia. And I've only ever heard of Onyx and Portland. Maybe some places out of legend? Oh, and as of today, I've heard of Cattrany and... uh... this morning I heard of some place called Amber? But I know next to nothing about anywhere other than Caspia."
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeland Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:38 pm

"Well, its starting to seem as if our mysterious friend may remain mysterious. I wonder if it was you or I who was the target for lack of a better word of his generosity. Barring a stroke of fortune I think it unlikely with the popularity of robes in this place that we will find him unless he chooses to make his presence known again."
Leeland
Leeland

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:36 pm

The blue-robed man with the sleeping lion woven into his clothes, raises a hand. "I hale from Cattrany, good sir. Have you any questions on the subject of my homeland?"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 am

"Do you know who used currency from your homeland to buy us an unopened bottle of Reman Ale? And why? I assume not, but it can't hurt to ask."
Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeland Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:53 am

A quick look of shock crosses Leeland's face. I didn't mention Amber... I can't believe I missed that. Leeland takes advantage of the distraction the fellow from Cattrany has offered to compose himself again. After all this time... I might finally find it. He attempts to appear mildly interested in the man's answer though even with his best efforts he is clearly distracted.
Leeland
Leeland

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:49 pm

The merchantman considers for a moment. "I cannot think of anyone, good sir. Truth to tell, our money is used by many across much of the Imperium and beyond. True, this is a little far out for such. Reman Ale you say? A most excellent spirit! I'm something of a conneseur of such. What year and source, if I may ask?" If you show him the bottle he will smile. "Ah, a good one, that. Not one of the very best but good and reliable. In truth this would be the most common type of Reman Ale one is likely to find."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xue Ren'gui Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Xue does show the man the bottle. [Did Xue even have it, or did Leeland?] He listens to the description, and nods. "Well, that's good to know, though it doesn't help us find our benefactor."

He turns to Leeland, and continues. "I do not believe we will find our query now. It is sad, but we don't have enough to go on to identify him." To himself, he thinks Perhaps it is the Prince Regent, playing pranks on me. Though, why should I deserve such attention?

He looks again at the man. "And, once again, I forget my manners." He bows, "I am Xue Ren'Gui of Caspia, at your service. And I offer my humble apologies for this unintentional disprespect."

Xue Ren'gui
Xue Ren'gui

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum