The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing The Kier

4 posters

Go down

Introducing The Kier Empty Introducing The Kier

Post  Kierenne Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:02 am

What's up folks. My name in real life is a secret, but call me André. I live in Seattle. I'm not quite 40. I've been playing RPGs for freakin' ever. I remember when D&D Basic was tha bomb. Gamma World. Shadowrun. Vampire. Werewolf. Paranoia. Human Occupied Landfill. And now Amber.

I'm running a similar online game for Vampire: Dark Ages, and I share David's views that it's all about the role playing. I try to avoid the deep nuances of combat... you fly at your enemy... the big cloud of dust kicks up, hands and feet appear sometimes... then at the end, one of you is alive and the other isn't. Anything more than that can take for-freaking-ever to resolve, in an online forum like this.

As I'm going through these rule books, part of me is trying to power-game the stats, and the other part is trying to figure out the most screwed up situation I can start myself off in. 'Cause disadvantages for the character are just more opportunities for role-play. (It works best if that's situational disadvantages, but stat advantages.) But it's really hard to min-max these rules, which I really appreciate.
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Introducing The Kier Empty Re: Introducing The Kier

Post  Kierenne Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Introducing The Kier Dreamstime_carnevale

I seem to be unable to apply an avatar to this login, so here's a picture of Kierenne Ericspawn.

Kieran & Kierenne we are, spawn of Eric King of Amber. Raised in shadow we were, in the birthplace of our mother. But that world is gone, destroyed by the Black Road. And so, to our father's people we come, seeking family, seeking a home. Slight of build, soft of voice. Twins we are, behind our masques. But, as is the custom of our people, only the most intimate may see behind the masques.

It is our honor to meet you, cousins all. May our friendships herald a new era of prosperity for Amber.
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Niiiiice! Cool

This would make an excellent Avatar. Can you reduce/crop it, or would you prefer me to do that? Also, would you prefer the face looking "in" towards whatever you post?
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:10 pm

I have already created the avatar picture cropped (150x200, less than 64kb), but when I attach it, it doesn't seem to stick. Tried by browsing for a local file, by browsing to a web location, etc. No love.

Was gonna mess with it again later.

However, Kieran and I want matching avatars, so we're really still looking for a pair of masked people we can crop properly, etc. It takes time.
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm

So, for anyone following the Kier's preludes, I wanted to take this opportunity to say OOC that the Kier are NOT bent on world domination through proper breeding. This is really an immature but overly bright girl trying to rationalize something she wants to do that other people tell her she can't do.

I just hope Random has a "The King Has Spoken" emoticon.
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Winnow Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm

. deleted. First delete did not take, so I have deleted text.

Last edited by Winnow on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Winnow
Winnow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Kierenne Ericspawn wrote:So, for anyone following the Kier's preludes, I wanted to take this opportunity to say OOC that the Kier are NOT bent on world domination through proper breeding.

We only have your word for this and its not always good to trust what a cousin says in Amber. Very Happy

Actually I'm really enjoying the four way conversation on this in game.
Fergus
Fergus

http://fergus-amber.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Well, my word as to the reasons for the craziness don't actually stop it from being crazy. And if Kierenne chooses to make this her life's goal, to breed the ultimate scion of Oberon by in-breeding all of his children... it would still get pretty ugly (or she'd still get just as dead when the others decided not to put up with her crap).

But I like to know my motivations, just in case there's some edge condition that might react differently.
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Hey, if that is what Kierrenne wants to do, I certainly won't stop her from trying.
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:12 pm

You, the GM, won't stop her. You, King Random / Benedict / Fiona would be completely reasonable in slaughtering her on the spot, however.

Hrm. Unless, of course, she's covert about her desires and doesn't RANT ABOUT THEM to the first family members she runs across. Curses, foiled by my own teenage lack of self-control.
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down

Post  Kierenne Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Wonder twin powers: activate!

Kierenne - "Form of, a charred corpse!"
Kieran - "Shape of, brisket!"
Kierenne
Kierenne

Back to top Go down