The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden)

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden)

Post  Aiden Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:52 pm

"Terrific. I'll be in touch then. " Aiden shakes Guillaume's hand once again and leaves the cottage making his way down the avenue bordering the shipyard and then back toward the other side of the harbor...this time on foot. (Checking the time) Still have about 2 hours until my meeting at the art museum downtown. Wonder if the Sundial is worth checking into today? He wouldn't be there but it might be worth it to leave a message, make my presence known.
(Hearing his stomach growl in protest) "You're right", to his stomach, "that can wait until after lunch." He soon finds something resembling a little deli down a side alley off the main street that looks promising....and goes inside.....
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden)

Post  David Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:25 pm

The food here is excellent, if not cheap, but then that describes pretty much all the fare available on Gont. Halfway through his meal, a man walks into the eatery who usually wouldn't attract Aiden's attention all that much. Average height. Thin. Dark stringy hair, collar length. Pale, which translates into "new arrival" as far as Gont is concerned.

But his eyes. They are two different colors. One is dark blue, the other a very pale blue, almost pastel. Aiden might have simply thought 'cataract' save for his conversation with Mint earlier.

As it happens the man wears dark robes making him look even paler and sits opposite Aiden's table. Orders something. Waits.

David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Aiden slowly sips his ale - a crisp, red variety made 'in house' - and surveys the new arrival from under the wide brim of his hat....And who might you be, blue-eyes?
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:57 pm

While waiting for his food, the man in black with two-toned eyes takes out a tarot deck and begins telling his fortune. The back of the deck depicts a red unicorn on a black field.

Welcome to Phantasy Island (Aiden) - Page 3 Backta10
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm

(Now looking intently at the stranger seated at the table beyond) Aiden reaches into his shirt pocket. "I've heard that fortune is often hard to discern when one is not playing with a full deck", Aiden says aloud, holding up the Crimson Unicorn Trump and grinning wryly.
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:40 pm

The stranger laughs at that. "My literal deck" he points to the cards in his hand, "is complete. So we must pray my metaphorical one," he taps his temple, "is in a similar condition! But what have you there?" Now he looks at the Trump, intently staring at if for a few moments. "Lovely, and of a similar design, but as you can see," he holds up the back of his own cards for perusal, "not quite the same design. Would you like your fortune told? Its something I do to relax."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:29 pm

"Certainly," says Aiden flashing a grin and raising his glass in salute. "If I can't trust the cards, what can I trust?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 pm

With a grin, the Stranger gives Aiden a long stare then quickly draws out four cards: The Knights of Wands, of Cauldrons, of Swords and of Pentacles.

"Choose," he says.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Aiden glances at the cards for only a brief moment. "The solution to my puzzle seems multi-sided today. I think it's only fitting that I choose Pentacles."
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:13 am

With that the stranger places the Knight of Pentacles down as the Significator. Then shuffles his deck, has Aiden cut it.

"Concentrate on a question," he says.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Aiden thinks for a moment...so many possible questions to consider. However, the image that keeps returning to his mind is the huge domed city. What is it? And more importantly, where is it...how do I find it.....how do I get there...what's the next step?
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:36 pm

The stranger begins to lay the cards, face down. "My name is Prospero," he says.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 pm

"Prospero, well met. I am Aiden"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:22 pm

"Well met indeed," says Prospero as he finishes laying down the cards.

First two cards are The Chariot and The Fool. "These are the two opposing forces central to your question. Quite simply, you may prefer to simply look to find what the universe offers. Or there is the call of duty, the call to shape more than merely your life."

He turns over more cards. The Page of Pentacles. "This is below you, the foundation upon which everything else rests. In this context, it seems pretty clearly this represents your younger self, or more precisely a less refined version of what you are right now."

Six of Swords. "This is behind you, the journeys and plans which are now fading from your life."

The Star. "This is above you, what may yet come to pass. A journey into new paths without the landmarks with which you are familiar."

The Devil "This is before you, a temptation to make the wrong choice out of greed or fear."

The next two cards are Two of Wands and Three of Pentacles. "How others see you. As a nascent wielder of magical power, or as a hard-working student of practicality."

Next is Strength, reversed. "Your fears. Namely, that all your advantages are fatally flawed, or at best surface strengths without depth."

"Finally, the card that is the answer to your query." He turns it over. Death. "Change. The end of who you are now, replaced by a new version. Hopefully better and wiser. Certainly very different from who you are at present."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:34 pm

"I appreciate the reading, Prospero, and it does all fit rather well," says Aiden signaling the waiter for another ale. "Perhaps you might facilitate my journey into new paths by providing some concrete footing."
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:10 am

"If I can," says Prospero. At that moment his food arrives. He begins eating.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Aiden ponders a moment, giving himself a critical look. If I had been more attentive I might have realized that his tarot were not identical to the one I possess, still.....Though his trumps may have been executed by a different hand, I'll warrant they originate from the same place....or at least from the same linneage.
He waits until Prospero's eating slackens a pace and then says, " My fortune as of late seems to center around a herd of crimson unicorns. Perhaps you would help me corral some answers. For instance, you might tell me where you found such a strange tarot deck. The one I found came from a lifeless world of dust and ruins and yet the image on its face dreams of a world containing a city of towering domes. Might you know of such a place and what it represents?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Prospero's smile changes. He looks as if this might be his real smile, or at least a deeper one.

"I made this deck myself," he says, "a design based up the sigil of a close relative, actually. In a faraway land. And yes, there are towering domes. You say you found such a tarot deck? An ordinary deck? A complete one? Here is something you may not know--but the clues, they may be found throughout a hundred worlds. One deck, each card a thing of genuine power, was scattered. I have traced over a dozen places and found almost twice as many of those cards. What would you want for recovering another?"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:21 pm

"No, not a deck. I have found only the one though others of my family have found other Trumps of Power apparently originating from same deck. I have no desire to collect more but I am curious as well as somewhat concerned about their meaning. So far as I know, only those of the Blood of Amber create trumps such as these. If there are others out there with this same power...." He lets the sentence trail off.
Aiden stands and walks over to Prospero's table, pulling out the Trump of the blond woman as he takes a seat. "Is she the relative of which you speak", Aiden asks, showing the face of the card to Prospero. "And why were the cards scattered? Were they meant to be reunited in the future for some purpose ?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Prospero gazes at the Trump, his face suddenly very still, as if he's holding control of his emotions. He waits several seconds before answering. "I know her. Let us leave it at that for now." He takes the opportunity to swallow a spoonful of shrimp soup and chew a piece of herbal bread. When he continues, his voice sounds more regular, more guarded.

"Such things belong together, don't you think? More, they should be in the hands of their owner." He dips his bread in the soup. "As to how they came to be scattered--I believe I know but cannot yet say for certain. That it was voluntary seems, however, quite impossible. An accident, maybe. A crime--disturbingly possible. Either way, the truth involved has become important. The truth, don't you find, is often the most valuable commodity?" He continues eating, but keeps his face on Aiden's. Aiden himself is reminded of playing against a truly superior poker player. Not that he's any slouch in that department himself!
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:04 pm

With his eyes fixed on Prospero's own, Aiden speaks quietly. " As to its importance, that would depend on whose truth it is, I suppose. I find truth is usually a 'relative' thing. I prefer to deal in knowledge " Aiden looks down as he runs his finger along the edge of the card. "As for 'truth' being a commodity, that is very often the case. " Raising his eyes again to meet Prospero's, he continues, " Am I correct in supposing that 'truth' is on the market today? And what price do we put on this valuable commodity ?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:15 pm

"Oh yes," is Prospero's reply. "Truth wrapped up in law and covenants and power. Toss in justice, family and politics as well."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Upon hearing that, Aiden laughs out loud. "Isn't that usually the case? Very well then, let's begin with family, shall we? These relatives of yours, and therefore by extension yourself; an offshoot of my own ? A long lost branch from the tree of Oberon? A physically unrelated, yet metaphysically connected 'twin' family from another dimension?........ A band of small but doughty heroes on a quest to destroy a golden ring? What?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:10 pm

"Truth--or information if you will--we're agreed is valuable, friend Aiden. Did you expect to receive such treasure as a gift?"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiden Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm

" That would be silly of me wouldn't it." Aiden chuckles. " However, I'd like to know more exactly what I'm buying. And I still have not heard a price for this knowledge." ( Now looking intently at Prospero ) "What is it that you want?"
Aiden
Aiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next