The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Merewives (Triton)

3 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Real Merewives (Triton) - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Merewives (Triton)

Post  David Thu May 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Thymm lifts one very impressive eyebrow. "Man, ya say? So ya di' na' see yon crreaturre a' herr side? Huge, naked, with grrea' big long arrms an' claws an' things? Misshappen head?" He looks at both Triton and Sylvia. The latter shakes her head, intrigued.
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Fri May 25, 2012 11:58 am

"Wait....what? Are you hallucinating? How could I possibly miss a creature like that?"
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri May 25, 2012 12:19 pm

"Powerrs an' abilities you may have tha' I do no', Prrince of Rebma," says Thymm, "bu' the opposi' is jus' as trrue. Tha' lady has a mighty strrong-looking bodyguarrd hoverring nearrbye. And she knows i'. She moved arround the rroom, always making space forr the beas'. Even held the doorr open longerr when she lef'." He shrugs. "You'rre a young man ye'. Powerrs willing, you'll have time t' learrn t' notice things like tha'."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sat May 26, 2012 10:25 am

"Interesting. You have a good eye Thymm. Thank you for sharing. I wonder if I should ask Mircalla about it or let her keep her secret. What do you two think?"
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sat May 26, 2012 11:48 am

Sylvia offers "I find it much more entertaining to watch someone keep a secret than to reveal you yourself already know it. Better tactics as well."

Thymm just shrugs. "I wasn' planning on prrovoking i'. If tha' was parr' of you two's plans, well good luck."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sun May 27, 2012 1:46 pm

"Okay, as long as Thymm doesn't mind keeping us informed about the creatures movements, I think we allow Mircalla to keep her secret. I guess it is the polite thing after all. Allow a lady to reveal things in her own time. See Thymm, when it suits my purposes I can be a gentleman," Triton smiles.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun May 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Within minutes, Sister Mircalla returns to the sitting room. Now Triton notices how she moves to keep a certain amount of space free near her. Enough for a large hulking presence. But--he becomes equally positive she did not do this aboard the Hippogriff. So is her 'companion' a new arrival?

"I have been in contact with my family," she says. "As it happens, something unusual has happened in Fjordheim, and a kinswoman of yours is apparently part of it." She looks at Triton. "Prince Triton, may I assume this Reena of Amber is a cousin of yours? I will frankly tell you if so she has done much in a short amount of time to earn both praise and distrust."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Mon May 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Triton notes Mircalla's movements, careful not to be obvious about it.

"Reena huh? The name sounds familiar. If she is truly of Amber than chances are good that we are related. What did she do that caused such praise and distrust all at the same time?"
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon May 28, 2012 2:00 pm

"She helped my sister foil an assassination attempt," says Sister Mircalla, "after trying to steal some extremely valuable items from Fernand--whom you may recall is Josette's brother, the same Josette your kinswoman Mint swore to help prove innocent of murder to this very Fernand." She sighs. "They recommend I avoid coming home until the source of danger can be pinpointed. It may be Josette for all we know. So I will agree to help you on your quest to learn about the merewives."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Tue May 29, 2012 12:13 pm

"Well, that does sound like things are hectic back home. It is almost like fate provided you an excuse to join us. Think of all the fun we are going to have. Now Thymm, I assume there are preparations we should make before this journey?"
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue May 29, 2012 1:39 pm

"Wha'? You mean--packing? Easy enough forr me. How much time will you thrree need? And I assume you've alrready arrranged for some kind of ship?"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Wed May 30, 2012 12:41 pm

"A ship will be no problem. I am heading to the Rebma embassy after this. Unless Lady Slyvia would prefer we take her own vessel?

How much time will you need to prepare for departure Mircalla?"
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed May 30, 2012 2:07 pm

"Two hours," is her reply.

"I rather presumed," says Lady Sylvia, "we would be taking my ship, since we have good reason to suppose my crew immune to these merewives' song."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Thu May 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Triton bows his head to Mircalle, "Very well. We will meet you at the ship."

Looking back over at Sylvia, "I did not want to presume m'lady. I believe your craft would be the best option. Thymm, will you be ready to leave in two hours? If so, I suggest we all meet at Lady Sylvia's craft at that time. In the meantime I am going to swing by the Embassy just to check in. Make sure there are no official matters of state that need my attending.

Lady Sylvia, you are welcome to join me if you like. Or if you need to go prepare your ship, I understand."
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu May 31, 2012 4:29 pm

Lady Sylvia begs off. "Routine matters of state are a dime a thousand as far as I'm concerned," then leaves with a polite nod of her head.

"Can' be tha' many Visarrian ships a' dock," says Thymm. "See you in two hourrs then!" He promptly vanishes in a puff of logic (which looks, oddly enough, like green smoke but smells of lemons for some reason).

Sister Mircalla inclines her head in farewell to Prince Triton, but remains where she is until he leaves.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:39 am

As Triton starts for the door, he turns back towards Mircalla, "You know I am shocked that you agreed to come with us. I thought you made it pretty clear that you were not fond of me."
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:15 am

Sister Mircalla's reply is "That is not the issue. I find it curious that you make an argument based upon moral duty, then are shocked I take such considerations seriously. As it happens, my prior duties are now...postponed...and your mission looks to accomplish some good. Are you truly shocked? Truly? Never mind--in truth I don't need to know. You might want to consider what your answer might be for your own sake, but that is just my personal opinion."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 am

Triton can't help but laugh as he leaves. He calls back over his shoulder as he walks out the door.

"Ah, I knew asking you was the right decision. Your dislike of me is going to make this mission so much fun."

Triton then makes his way to the embassy to check in before his trip.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Not surprisingly, Rebma's embassy is done in a nautical style. Blues and greens. Dolphins, squids, mermaids, etc. in the decor. The Ambassador is out (with hints of not having returned from a late party) but the rest of the staff are very pleased to do whatever they can for His Highness.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Triton spends some time asking questions and feigning interest in their answers. Complimenting people on doing a good job and in general tries to boost moral. He plans to kill the two hours hanging out and talking to embassy staff until it is time to leave for Sylvia's ship.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 pm

They will ask if he has any messages for "home" as a dispatch ship will be leaving tomorrow?
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 am

(OOC- you know, I originally typed up that he sent word of his mission, but in the land of Trumps, would he really send word via ship? Do you think that would be standard protocol?)
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:18 pm

(OOC - Not sure how well-known the existence of Trumps are, especially among Rebmans. More to the point, I doubt the regular staff at the Gont Embassy think in those terms. You don't have to write a damn thing if you don't want to. Or you might want to put something written into the record, just in case. Or anything else. Your call.)
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 am

Triton informs the embassy of his mission and plans. He tells them to send word to his mother on the next available ship. Also word is sent to his brother about Sister Mircalla joining the adventure. Triton knows he could easily call his brother via trump and inform him. But the delayed message will mean his brother cannot try and talk him out of it. After all relevant information is dealt with, Triton will make his way back to Sylvia's ship.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Not too surprisingly, Sylvia's vessel has become a flurry of activity. New stores are being brought aboard and some cabins vacated for three new guests. The Lady's majordomo shows Triton his cabin, smaller than Sylvia's but nice enough. It seems a minor Visarian Lordling or two along with their tiny personal entourages are to remain on Gont. All the beddings must be washed thoroughly, with extra lights brought for each.

The majordomo asks if Prince Triton has any luggage, clothes, etc. he wishes to have brought aboard before they sail? High tide will not be for ten hours. Meanwhile, Lady Sylvia has arranged a meal for what she calls "The Quest" in a lavish local cafe. She in particular wants everyone to meet and get to know Captain Igor.

He's also like any clue what to do with an enchanter's quarters or that of a Holy Sister of the Unicorn.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next