The Crimson Unicorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Good Ship 'Hippogriff' (Triton, Mint, Aiden)

5 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

On The Good Ship 'Hippogriff' (Triton, Mint, Aiden) - Page 2 Empty Re: On The Good Ship 'Hippogriff' (Triton, Mint, Aiden)

Post  David Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Sister Mircalla replies calmly, "My leaving would not be wise." She seems very sure of this.
David
David
Admin

https://crimsonunicorn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

On The Good Ship 'Hippogriff' (Triton, Mint, Aiden) - Page 2 Empty Re: On The Good Ship 'Hippogriff' (Triton, Mint, Aiden)

Post  Mint Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 pm

As they talk, Mint makes herself ready for a fight. She slips on leggings under her dress. Then laces up her boots. She takes a supernaturally sharp knife and converts her lounging around skirt into a tunic. Next the sword belt goes on and she scoops her other trumps depositing them in an attached pouch. Finally she somehow wriggles into her jerkin without losing sight of the Trump. Her cloak and quiver complete the fighting ensemble. (All of this happens at superhuman speed and efficiency due to Mint's Warfare of at least 10 pts)

"Medraut's ship eh? Sometimes I marvel at the coincidences that surround this family. I originally planned to call you to speak with Sister Mircalla about your brother based on a card reading I did last night. Then since I spoke to Aiden two minutes ago I meant to ask if you knew anything of Crimson Unicorn Trumps and the pirate who uses the same symbol on his flag."

Mint tosses a very nice dress, amazing shoes, suitable undergarments, jewelry, and a wrapped present in a bag that she throws over the shoulder opposite the quiver.

"I can come through now or probably send Uncle Bleys through in a minute or two. I saw him in his room not 15 minutes ago."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Triton glances over his shoulder as Mircalla replies. He then brings his attention back to Mint with a sigh. "It seems the Sister is intent on being cryptic and useless. So...." Triton stops as Mint starts to get dressed in preparation for battle.

Even though Mint isn't showing anything provocative, Triton carries on as if she was. The huge smile on his face making his silly mood obvious, "Oh cousin. Do you really think that now is the appropriate time to distract me like this? Although I do appreciate the show," he winks, obviously being playful.

"As for Medraut or these Crimson Unicorn trumps, I am afraid that you have me at a loss. This is the first time I have heard of either. As for my current situation, I do not feel as though I am in danger, but if you believe you will need more than my protection, you are welcome to gather Uncle Bleys," Triton smiles.

Mint knows that Triton is just being playful. In their other dealings he always made it clear that he was happy to make way for her superior fighting skill. But even then he enjoyed running his mouth and pretending as if it was his job to protect the lady. While Mint knows that Triton can fight, she understands that he has no problem standing aside and letting others get their hands dirty.

As Mint packs her fancy dress and undergarments, Triton can't help but laugh, "Seriously Mint, I am trying to focus over here," Triton jests.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Mint heads down the hall at a run for Bleys room. Nonetheless her voice remains clam and composed.

"If you consider this a show I may come to believe that the tales of your romantic exploits have perhaps a trifle of exaggeration to them. And while I do trust you to protect my virtue, my time with the Amber military has taught me to prize those confrontations where I can arrange overwhelming odds."

Mint reaches the door and knocks while speaking aloud. "Uncle dear, please grab a toy or two from that wall of yours suitable for shipboard use. Cousin Triton has found a lead on the matters of which we spoke and it involves pirates." Mint can scarcely keep the smile from her voice.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 pm

There is no answer at Bleys's door.

Meanwhile, aboard the Hippogriff, Sister Mircalla keeps her eyes on the approaching ship, which now apparently is along side or nearly so. Even at this distance, the presence of a woman on board the pirate ship is visible. With long dark hair, evidently wearing white and blue and brown.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:11 pm

"No answer from Bleys. Would you prefer I come through now?" Mint begins making her way down toward the kitchens and the entry hall scanning for either a servant who might have seen Bleys' path or any other family members.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Triton laughs out loud as Mint suggest that his romantic exploits are exaggerated. He gives his cousin a friendly smile, "Well played cousin. But don't be mean. I offered you the chance to sample the sweetest lips in all of Remba," he winks. "As for your arrival. It shall have to be now or at a later time. I am afraid that my new lady friend has arrived along side of us and I should probably give my full attention to the matter at hand."

Triton is happy to bring her through if she wants, but if not he will either sever the connection or allow Mint to watch from the background as he turns his full attention to the approaching lady.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Mint reaches forward to take Triton's hand and joins him aboard the ship. once through she takes in the situation with a practiced eye looking for potential avenues of threat. (OOC: She analyzes the situation with her Warfare)
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

The ship aboard which Mint appears is a sturdy, well-purportioned craft at full sail in windy sea. Triton stands before her, and by his side a man who appear to be the ship's Captain. Beside them both is a Holy Sister of the Unicorn, in a white and green whipple and habit. She looks to be in her twenties and is very attractive indeed. From gossip and Triton's remarks it seems clear this is Sister Mircalla, daughter of the King of Uberwald.

Sure enough, approaching the Hippogriff is another ship, with a rough-looking crew and flying the very ensign Triton described...this ship bearing a name Rogue Heart.

On The Good Ship 'Hippogriff' (Triton, Mint, Aiden) - Page 2 Pirate12
At this distance, a dark haired woman can be seen on the deck of the pirate ship, looking directly at them. If she borrows a spyglass, she'll see the lady wears white, brown and blue and is quite beautiful. More, her eyes--they are gold. Mint has never actually seen anyone with gold eyes before, although the strange Trump the Kier brought showed a woman with one eye that very color. The chamber maids for that matter said the new arrival Fergus had one such eyes as well, the other purple like the red-haired woman in the strange Trumps.
On The Good Ship 'Hippogriff' (Triton, Mint, Aiden) - Page 2 Josett11

Absolutely nothing about the pirate ship indicates the slightest intention to attack. One of their crew even waves a broad pennant of bright gold--a request for parlay.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Once his cousin is through, Triton walks over to the very edge of the boat, placing a foot upon the rail and leaning forward and he watching the lady. He attempts to let his connection to the Pattern tell him if this woman is indeed the one who was thwarting his efforts. Once the sign of parlay is given, Triton looks back towards the Captain.

"It is your ship. Would you welcome her aboard to talk or perhaps I should head over to their ship in order to keep you all out of harms way?"

Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:30 pm

"She wants to speak with me," says Sister Mircalla.

The Captain gives a startled look at these words.

"I know her," says the Holy Sister. "Not well, but we have met, and there are matters between us. Of a kind. I don't mean to seem cryptic, but some matters are not mine to divulge. But for whatever it is worth, I don't believe she means anyone here any harm at this moment."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:06 am

"Wise of her." She would face not only Triton who has a dab hand with a sword, but also myself and I have found none of my generation who can match me with a blade.

Mint watches warily using her ability with Sorcery to try to notice any unnatural forces at work.

"Conveniently enough I need to speak with her." I know that she can shed some light on the mystery of these Crimson Unicorn Trumps and perhaps that of our newfound kin as well.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:11 am

Within minutes, a tender is lowered from the Rogue Heart and rows over to the Hippogriff. Apart from a pair of sailors, the tender contains the brown-haired woman with golden eyes and a young man with golden hair and green skin. A Rebman? The sailors look to him for orders and he moves as if accustomed to command. But (reluctantly) he allows the woman to climb aboard first. She takes Mint and Triton in with a glance, but focuses immediately upon Sister Mircalla. On The Good Ship 'Hippogriff' (Triton, Mint, Aiden) - Page 2 Medrau10
"Sister," she says in greeting.

"Lady," answers Mircalla.

"As you already know," the woman with gold eyes begins, "Captain Medraut commands far more ships than this. Hunting down your vessel would not have been any great challenge. Even now your life and liberty are very much in my hands. Hands that do--nothing."

"With respect," says Mircalla, "what you've just described is a very good ploy."

"So can virtually anything," she says with a mild sigh. "Impasse. Tell me what you believe Fernand might accept as evidence of good faith."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:50 am

Mint raises an eyebrow as if to question the assertion that Sister Mircalla's life and liberty rest in Golden Eyed Pirate Girl's hands, but Mint says nothing.

Does she even get embarrassed that her big wooden breasts lead the Pirate ship around like a poorly placed flotation device? I doubt it. She's probably too busy having totally not incestuous hot pirate sex and being rude to strangers by not introducing herself. Seriously, I'm going to be late for a party where I'm the last minute pathetic fifth wheel pity guest for this? Bleys probably disappeared for a nooner with the maids. Reena is probably in the secret Shadow of buff princes who think women with weapon skills are hot and who are totally not related to us, but she won't answer her Trump because she doesn't want to share. More princes for her. Instead I get to back up my closeted gay cousin in dealing with Golden Eyed Rude Pirate Girl.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Triton watches the exchange, a large smile upon his face. He gives the green skinned man a long look, careful to memorize his face should he need to know him later. Then watching the Lady and Sister Mircalla speak, he can't help but say something.

"Our life and liberty are in your hands??" Triton laughs, "Do you really not know who I am? I hardly think that such a simple bunch could slay me so easily. So let's stop with this rudeness and continue on as normal polite sea faring folk. Perhaps you should start by introducing yourself? Or at least send a simple bow my way with a 'your highness'," Triton smiles.

Triton's stance remains completely relaxed and passive. He makes it clear that he has absolutely no fear of these men. He is hoping to keep all of their attention on him. Remembering well the skill that his cousin possesses, Triton strategy is to hide her behind his bravado. Should a fight ensue, he hopes that it allows her to strike when they least expect it and when it is the most advantageous.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 pm

The woman with golden eyes gives a second, more focused look at both Triton and Mint.

Sister Mircalla says "Allow me to introduce Prince Triton of Rebma and Lady Mint of Amber, children of Corwin and Brand respectively."

At those words the woman does the mildest of all possible 'takes.' Her gaze grows intense, but not fearful nor angry. More...fascinated, maybe? She bows her head to them, without taking her eyes away for an instant.

"This," continues Sister Mircalla, "is Josette, Princess of--"

"Nowhere you've ever heard of," Josette interrupts smoothly, "but perhaps one day soon, you shall. At long last." She says with rather more gravity than one might expect. There's even a tremor in her voice, but both Amberites realize it isn't born of fear. The green-skinned man notices and quietly touches her hand.

"But where are my manners?" says Josette with a smile, taken out of her reverie. She indicates the man at her side. "Captain Medraut, whom perhaps you've heard of? The finest privateer in the hundred seas--and quite rightly the most expensive." She says this last with something of a joke aimed at Medraut.

Medraut cocks one eyebrow at the two. His smile at Mint is flirtatious, barely. His look at Triton more contemplative. "At your service--for a price." He chuckles this.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:08 am

Triton smiles wide as Josette bows her head. He allows her to introduce the pirate before he responds. His tone starts playful, but becomes more serious as he progresses.

"Now Princess Josette, it seems awful presumptuous of you to guess that I have never heard of your homeland. But before we discuss from where you hail, perhaps we should recap the places that I can call home. Sister Mircalla already pointed out that I am a member of the Amber royal family. Do you happen to know who my mother is? Unless this is your first time at sea I would imagine that you have heard of Queen Moire. For I, Triton of Rebma, am second in line to the throne. So understand it is with the utmost authority when I ask this. What gives you the right to stop our ship?" Triton barks with authority.
Triton's body language has completely shifted by the end of the speech. His posture is straighter and there is an air of princedom about him that few ever see.

Triton is still intent on keeping the focus his way. The less they pay attention to Mint the better.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:26 am

"We didn't stop your ship," says Captain Medraut. "We intercepted it and asked for a meeting." He looks around. "I don't remember issuing any threats, or using any weapons, or even punching anybody. And to be honest, I kinda like punching people. Not as much as Igor," he indicates one of his sailors, who certainly looks the type," but still. I'm a professional and don't go around punching folks without good reason, especially when I'm on the job."

Josette listens to all this and has a hard time keeping a straight face--a fact the pirate Captain seems to enjoy rather a lot. She takes a deep breath and manages to speak while wiping a tear from her eye. "Actually--your highness--it is my position that I don't have any right to stop your ship, not by force anyway. Because, you see, that would be an act of war. And I'm not at war with any of you." She makes a meaningful glance at Sister Mircalla. "Or anyone close to any of you. As far as I know."
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:43 am

Mint bows slightly when introduced then follows Triton's lead and conceals her prowess.

Fortunately Father's reputation for wizardry and feats of Power far overshadowed his martial ability. They may well not realize that I'm the most skilled warrior of my generation.
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:25 am

Triton lets a large smile return to his face. His tone takes on a bit of sarcasm as he continues.

"Oh, it seems I misunderstood. When you mentioned that you had enough ships to hunt us down, you simply meant to deliver your message. And when you stated that our life and liberty were in your hands, you meant that you wished us good will. I see now where I got confused. As for Medraut and Igor's wish to punch something, now that is perplexing. Unless of course that was the polite way that two pirates such as yourselves ask me to teach you a thing or two about punching. I assure you that it would be a memorable lesson,"
Triton grins while slowly walking towards Josette.

Triton then shifts his mood back to something a little more relaxed. As though he felt he made his point. He continues to speak while slowly pacing around Josette and looking her over.

"Now that we have corrected all of my misunderstandings. I am sure that you are eager to explain where you are from and what it is you seek. Fear not, the many stories concerning my lack of patience are slightly exaggerated," he finishes with a smile.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:36 am

Josette says, "Prince of Rebma, learn to listen. Even should you never wear a crown, the skill will serve you well. Of course we could do all sorts of things--had we cause, or desire. You are perhaps too used to lies and veiled threats to understand something said forthrightly. My sympathies. More than you know." For a moment she looks sad. Slightly. "But here is the truth. I have made no threats. I have told no lies. I have taken not a single action against you or yours, or" she glances at Mircalla, "yours. That I could have, easily, is but further evidence of what I say--namely, I have no desire to do so." Again, at Sister Mircalla. "Please--convey my words to Fernand? Before events outpace us all?"
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:20 am

She truly does not want a fight. Not because she has the wisdom to see that she can't win, but because of Mircalla.

Mint finally speaks up.

"Let us waste no more time Josette on what any of us theoretically could do, but obviously will not. The world holds endless possibilities for those of potent blood."

"I would like to say it is a pleasure to meet you Josette. Perhaps someday I will walk through the beautiful city of towering domes in..."

Mint pauses for a bare fraction of a second then deadpans.

"...no place of which I have ever heard."

Mint smiles.

"I also hope to meet more of your familia..."

Mint gives Sister Mircalla a momentary significant look.

"...such as the blonde with a fondness for purple and black and the ginger with such fascinating eyes."

Mint turns her attention to the Captain.

"And yes, your reputation precedes you, Captain Medraut."

Mint glances at his ship. "Love the flag."

She smiles and holds his gaze for a second.

"I have looked forward to someday meeting you for the better part of..."

Mint pauses as if performing complex math in her head.

"...half an hour. And you do not disappoint."

Mint winks at him.

"You do seem worthy of your hire. I may arrange for some time on a private tier."

Mint sighs.

"Josette, My cousin asked plainly what you want and where you represent."

"Your choices seem obvious. You could breach the peace with some pathetic attack. You could storm off in a huff like a sullen child. You could continue these oh so tiring obsfuscations. Or you could speak with us openly and honestly and know that I at least will reciprocate in kind. I would find the last option a refreshing change of pace."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Triton Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Triton keeps his smile wide as Josette speaks. He is about to respond when his cousin speaks up. As always, he is impressed with how Mint carries herself. The way she mentions the powers of shadow, drops the information about Josette's family, and even the quick flirt towards Medraut. Triton can't help but be impressed. He find himself forgetting his response to Josette and instead he looks over at Mint.

"You're so hot when you take charge," he winks.

Triton then looks back towards Josette waiting to see how she responds to Mint.
Triton
Triton

Back to top Go down

Post  David Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Josette looks far more focused on Mint now. Within a few seconds she replies. "I've come here to do something. Deliver a message. That is done. But now..." she takes as step toward Mint. "You know something you're not supposed to--but not as much as you're pretending, because otherwise you'd've dropped names instead of descriptions. And you desire answers. Very well. I offer you those answers. Ten questions. Ten answers. Half now, the other half upon completion of a task--one that should harm no one, does you no dishonor, puts neither you nor yours in any real danger, nor is it one of those impossible labors out of a fairy tale. Are you interested? Either of you?" She looks at Triton as well.
David
David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mint Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:53 pm

"A reasonable offer. I think I might accept with a few conditions."

Mint raises a finger.

"First, that I may consult with Triton and the good Sister before presenting the first five questions."

Another finger joins the first.

"Second, that I may start your task upon the morrow. I do have a party tonight."

And a third finger follows.

"Third, that I receive upon completion not only five more answers, but also an hour alone with your man."

Mint smiles at Captain Merdraut.

"All work and no play would make me a dull girl."
Mint
Mint

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next